SensiveGuard 1.06 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kerodo, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Anyone who is interested will want to check out the new release.. There have been quite a few fixes since 1.05, and all of the previous issues that I had with it have been corrected. This is a nice little firewall now.

http://www.sensiveguard.com/download.html

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This program have the options to protect only the outbound?

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Hi VC!

No, unfortunately you're stuck with both inbound and outbound enabled. On the plus side, this one is very light. I've been running it for days testing beta's and ram usage is 8-10mb consistently. It's quite easy to set up. Has some nice features too. And it's free. :)

If you'd like to see an option added to it, they are very responsive to suggestions and bug reports and they seem quite interested in solving problems and improving the product. So you might ask them about that if you're interested..

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Maybe I try it when I will have some time... :)

5. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

Tried it. Received BSOD after BSOD. Removed it. :mad:

6. Arup

Arup Guest

Qbgreen,

Then consider yourself extremely lucky, in my case, the first version hosed my system right after install, I reboot and get into endless BSOD loop, the last tile I tried version 1.05, not only it hosed my system but broke my second hdd's boot record and partition, I had to spend two nights fixing and recovering my back ups.

Let this be a fair warning to all.

7. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Well, I guess it's no good for Arup and QBgreen then.. Sorry guys.. It's working fine here for me, but I guess there are problems obviously..

If you are going to try it, then it's best to have an image or backup of your HD. I do, so I don't worry too much. So, as Arup says, consider yourself warned...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.