Send unallocated space to a "bottom" partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by leoliver, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leoliver

leoliver Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

On the top of my 320GB external HD , I have about 5.25 of unallocated space . Going down 4-partitions , I have a 7.0 GB partition . Is there anyway I can use Disk Director to send about 3.0 Gb of unallocated space to the 4th partition down ? Even though there's 3 partitions between them ?
    I have Win XP Pro Sp3 .
    Thanks.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Larry:

Starting at your last partition, move each partition up (to the right), one at a time. Each time you do this the unallocated space will move to the left. Stop when the unallocated space is next to the 7 GB partition. Then resize the 7 GB partition to incorporate the unallocated space.

It would be prudent to back up your disk before doing any repartitioning operations, just in case.

3. leoliver

Kilo,

Thanks for your reply . I wasn't able to move my partitions to the right, as you suggested . A couple of times Disk Director , had a hard crash , after it locked my "K" partition.
    Maybe I wasn't doing something the correct way ? Or is there another way to perform this operation ?
    I'm posting a image attachment of my Disk Director partition lay out screen .

Attached Files:

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Larry:

From looking at your picture, the 5 GB of unallocated space is at the beginning of the drive; not the end. So my former description was backwards. You need to move partitions lower (to the left; not to the right). So move H: to the left, then I:, then J:, then L:, and finish by making K: larger.

If you have trouble doing this operation in Windows then use the boot CD instead.

5. leoliver

Mission Successful ! Thanks for your help .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.