Self Protection Test - Anti-Malware.ru

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Does the Internet Security Suite test apply to their AntiVirus suite counterparts?

Eg. does NIS09's results apply to NAV09?

2. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Seeing as its a direct attack and nothing to do with the internet, I guess it will also apply to the AV equivilants because they are both built around the same core.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

"The test must be flawed". Wait isn't that normally your line. LOL.;)

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wish they could test behav blockers like TF, Mamutu, PRSC etc.
    Have they any one here on the forums?

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the test probably is flawed.

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

To varying degrees every test out there is flawed in that they provide imperfect assessments of the trait that they supposedly quantify. In some cases that imperfection rises to the level of a structural defect. In other cases both the reader and the tester overreach with respect to the scope over which the results obtained truly apply.

While it's generally appreciated that these tests are snapshots in time, all too frequently it's not appreciated that these are local snapshots in time at best, not global measures of performance.

Blue

7. Arup

Arup Guest

LOL! and here I thought tests don't matter to someone. Finally I can use Avira in peace.

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Tests don't bother or interest me, don't shoot the messenger.

Great credit must be given to drweb who dismiss tests that they score highly in, a slap in the face I'm sure to those fanboys who spread such lies for drwebs reasons to pull out of av-comparatives.

Some avs do not need a test result to gain customers, or to be recognised for fantastic protection and technologys.

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have no problem giving the thumbs up to Dr Web in this test.:thumb: It kills me that sometimes we can not accept the common fact, that products do get better.

10. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Dr. Web was always a reliable product to begin with and I love it's link scanner.

11. Arup

Arup Guest

Some AVs don't need to win any tests to prove themselves and Avira is one of them, tests or not, its top notch, all the FUD spread by fanoboyz of other AVs ( ya know who you are ) notwithstanding.

12. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Is this the first test result you haven't had to dig into your bag of excuses to explain why either the test is flawed or DWeb hasn't done too well in?

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I don't need to dig anywhere, the truth is there to see....

Sadly, some people do not want to see it.

14. Arup

Arup Guest

I see the light at the end of the tunnel...........its an Epiphany with Avira written all over. ;)

15. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

And there are tests to back it up unlike some AV vendors that have piss-poor results in AV-Comparatives and withdraw from testing. But of course you stay in tests that have a good outcome.

16. Arup

Arup Guest

But those tests are flawed..............isn't it :D

17. steve1955

Who do you mean?(lol)

18. steve1955

sounds like a quote from the X files!!:-that was fiction as well!

19. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

you really wont believe the truth, even if it kicks you in the butt.

simple, avira read these forums...... ask them, ask them if my words are false or lies. :)

ask them if my posts over the many many months hold no truth and are just 'fiction'

maybe they wont admit their AV is a piece of crap, or their 'protection' is soooo falsely advertised & overrated, but maybe you will find some answers that you have been trying really hard NOT to find.

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

you may say such comments as a 'come back' towards either myself or drweb, its a shame you dont put as much effort into finding out all this for yourself, instead of looking at your little detection results, and going day-by-day using your 'fantastic' anti-virus, of course it does not bother me what you or anybody else uses, but as this is a forum, people should know and at the least, learn about what their 'protection' actually does for them, people should know why their antivirus is 99% detection, people should know it all, a forum with customers, it is a shame alot of them DONT want to know, they want to hold their head up high, 99% detection, awesome!! :rolleyes:

drweb dismiss tests they score well in, but maybe you forget the other companys such as trend, fprot and panda.

you dont remember the harsh words by both fprot and drweb members towards IBK in this very forum, you really thought they were lies? :rolleyes:

Av-Comparatives - :rolleyes:

ie. Avira miss 10,000 samples, IBK sends them, Avira add them all in 5 minutes, 100% detection, fantastic.

this could be 10,000 more added FP's, this does not show you the level of 'protection' Avira offer?

not only is this very bad protection, it also leads IBK to believe his samples were valid to be included in the tests

if Avira really didnt have Av-Comparatives to play buddy with in their little marketing game, they wouldnt have nothing.

packer detection that detects everything, hmm.... you call this protection?

without Av-Comparatives, Avira would still be quite unknown to this forum as it was before all this, they would have no technology unique to their AV, staff either too lazy to think,create or even study it, and of course, there are many many other reasons, check my 'catalogue' of comments on it ;)

oh welll, At least you all have a nice pretty umbrella to stare at and a little donation given too, at least you all did 'your part'

Yippee. :rolleyes:

21. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

ok, insulting each person's AV's are a little uncalled for, i dont think all the people here that use Avira are complete idiots and know nothing, they have a great product that DOES do its job well, i know considering ive been using for quite a while myself and im not infected and have rarely got FP's. im sure Dr.Web is good to, never tried it, but i think we should keep on topic instead of insulting each other's AV's here.

22. Hybride_F1

Hybride_F1 Registered Member

I think this shouldn't turn out in an A vs B thread.

All AVs have strengths and weaknesses. In the case of Dr.Web to Avira they stand in the direct opposit, medium detection against very good detection and very good self defense against medium self defense, thats all. The vendors know their weak and strong points. Dr.Web is improving the detection as Avira is improving the self-defense. That should be a great news for all user.

Hybride

edit: You are absolutly right firzen771 ( u are simply too fast for my poor english :) )

23. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

so, back to the test.

even in internal testing, drweb comes out tops in self-protection, and everyone knows about drwebs removal, so ...bleah! :D

AM's results dont match with current internal tests, and the kaspersky link im sure bothers drweb, im sure these are the reasons (probably just some of, i dont know) for dismissing this test.

but the Nod32 (4) guys should be smiling too, maybe not as wide as Drweb, but who can... ;) *lol*

24. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

I dont think its uncalled for, this is a forum, their methods are uncalled for.

its not a matter of insulting each persons AV, its a matter of Aviras methods, you agree with them, or like many you also think my posts are pure lies?

the problem is their misleading information, mainly their packer detections, and the very very misleading Av-Comparatives tests which Avira treat very wrongly (missed samples etc).

25. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

You are completely correct, all av's and pros and cons.

but Aviras pro is their detection (it is, i dont argue it), and it really is a CON, but people do not see this (many do ;) , but ... obviously, on 'this forum'.... many ALSO dont)

all i ask, is for some of these who dont, just to ask a few questions once in a while, instead of spreading their constant BS about their detection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.