Seizure Fever: The War on Property Rights

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by spy1, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thanks to the guys on DSLReports security forum (specifically hpguru) for this link:
    http://www.libertarianworld.com/Property-Seizure-Rights.html .

It is the perfect example of how more power, when given to the government, either State or Local, leads nearly instantly to abuses and mis-applications of that power.

I don't really have to draw the parallel to what's going to happen with all the F.B.I's newly-gained powers, do I? Pete

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

I regret I cannot speak up as my replies are censored from now on, except to say:  I would   trust the FBI under any circumstances because my rights are clearlynot being eroded.

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

lol "take..me..to..your..leader"

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol we are bush admin resistants is futile lol=)

5. root

root Registered Member

I'm not going to jump in with both feet here as I use another board to do my political ranting on. (You lucky people)   :D
    Having said that, Checkout, I don't know what I'm missing. Who's censoring you? As far as I'm concerned, you have every right to any opinion you wish to hold.
    I would like to disagree about our rights not being eroded though. Last time I went through an airport, in 2000, I didn't have to submit to an unwarrented search of my body.
    Also, we used to have freedom of speach in the US. Now even Kindergarden kids can be expelled from school for saying the wrong thing.
    I think we really need to be concerned about our civil rights and personal freedoms. I'm not so afraid that I'm going to turn over anything to the Government. They already go too far.
    It's really very sad, and I've had my say.

6. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I believe checky was pretending he was under FBI control when he stated those things.

7. Checkout

I think you're right...   :D

8. root

root Registered Member

Ouch!  :D Some days I'm slower than others. He he.

9. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

As a firewall moderator you'll have to be a little quicker than that ;) Guys like checky here will run you ragged if you let them!

10. root

root Registered Member

That's ok. I just pulled the old Sharps down from above the mantle. Dusting it off as we speak. I think it'll still take care of the varmits.  ;)

11. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Run checkout!

12. Checkout

I'm already under the stairs with a blanket over my head.  Can't see me!  Can't hurt me!   :D

13. root

root Registered Member

14. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I have a suggestion for all American citizens affected by confiscation of their properties by Law-enforcement officials: [glow=red,2,300]CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT!!![/glow] A successful Federal Lawsuit of this order might bring "Seizure Fever" to a crashing halt. How many people, do you think, would be interested?

15. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Probably none.

If you read up on this stuff, the way it works is this:

You get something confiscated for some bogus reason (your third Uncle twice removed made a phone call from your house to buy drugs) and you lose your house.

The feds or local law enforcement have what they want (your pad), and, if you squawk, you get 'The Speech': "Look, slimeball, we're not going to prosecute you for aiding and abetting a drug dealer - unless, of course, you force us to by involving legal counsel or the media. Your move."

Using the home itself is an extreme example - substitute car, cash, computer equipment,etc. and you'll see where and why people just lay down and take it rather than throw away even more time, money and sanity trying to get it back.

Does it suck?

You bet it does. Pete

16. Checkout

Because we're scared of sticking our heads above the parapet - lest we get shot at - it sucks.

Because we feel we're powerless to do anything about it, it sucks lemons.

Because there are no politicians or influencial journalists here to feel the pulses of people who care and feel aggrieved, it sucks rhinoceros's arses.

17. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

Yes, [glow=red,5,300]IT SUCKS BOBO![/glow] However, there are plenty of precedents of whole bunches of little people getting together, getting Lawyers who want BIG publicity, and kicking BIG TIME corporations and governments in the a**. Love Canal and Dow Chemicals comes to mind. The little guys won BIGTIME! Sure, it took over 10 years, but they kept at it. The settlement was in billions of dollars. It also redefined the relationship between big corporations and the citizens they exploit. The USA was setup by a bunch of rich and poor people with some radical ideas about government. They kept at it. Look where they are now! (Listen to me, eh? And, I'm not even American!) BTW does writing letters/e-mails to Congress do anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.