Seeking to try various browsers? If so, LO4D

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Aug 14, 2020.

1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I was searching the web, trying to find a good site for downloading the latest Chromium browser that doesn't require me to be adept with binaries etc. I found several. Among them was LO4D. It has a good download for the latest stable version of Chromium. In fact, LO4D appears to be routinely kept up to date so as to always offer Chromium's latest stable version.

I found other sites that offer the latest Chromium stable version, as well. However, LO4D also has several pages of downloads and reviews, encompassing just about every other browser that now exists -- & even a few from the past. It is a veritable "mother lode" for browser-try-out junkies, of which I am one. If you are one, too -- check it out. :-*

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. bellgamin

@roger_m -- good find, Roger. As of this instant, I note that softpedia's listing for Chromium is 2 days more recent than LO4D's. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have added the softpedia link to my list. 10Q to the nth!!!

I'm sure that Softpedia does virus checks of its software. LO4D does -- evidently they use something like VirusTotal since their "Virus Tests" tab for each browser states: "The test for this file was completed on (date). We used 24 different antivirus applications. The antivirus programs we used to test this file indicated that it is free of malware, spyware, trojans, worms or other types of viruses."

Of course, I don't rely simply on that statement. Stuff happens. My computer has its own malware protection. Don't we all? :D

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

@bellgamin- Far cry from those days when the choices was IE, Firefox and Opera or the little gecko mini browser.

Fast forward to now and what we have is a browser pile. :D

5. bellgamin

Yes, and it's high time someone tested each one of them -- VERY scientifically of course -- and report findings to all of us.

Hmmm... I wonder who will take on that little task? :shifty:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.