Security??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'm trying to D/L a certain programme but I get this Security Warning...

Can anyone kindly tell me which particular 'Security' I need to temporarily disable......Please.......I've tried enabling Active X, java etc., Ooooeerrr!....but it made no difference....

Cochise,

Attached Files:

2. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Cochise,

I had this same problem only a few days ago for the very first time !

I fixed it by changing the IE Security Options to medium, clicking OK and then changing them all back to how i had customised them before, and clicking OK.

This seems to have done the trick, but it's strange it's just happened to both of us ?

StevieO

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi StevieO,

Thanks for the reply......Yep!...Done that and more....:D :D ...Now I'm getting this......Don't you just hate it when this happens?..:D ......

I think the Programme is trying to tell me something.....so I don't think I'll bother it any more.....:D :D :D

Best Regards, Cochise,:cool:

Attached Files:

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi Cochise :) you can fix the original problem from the screenshot in post#1 by going Internet Options>Security>make sure "Internet" is highlighted, then click on Custom Level>scroll down to "Submit Nonencrypted Form Data" and select "Enabled"

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Ice.....but that was enabled??.....anyway, I scrapped trying that Link and Googled 'MS Service Scan'.....you get two options....a direct Scan, which my security wouldn't allow, and an option to D/L the programme and run it directly, that worked just fine.....AND my system was OK after all that, don't know why I bothered...:D :D :D

Cheers, Cochise,:cool:

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

are you certain? you're not thinking it's enabled now, after you changed the settings to "medium" - which can change that setting, so it was enabled then?

LOL anyway, you did the scan in the end. MS is a nightmare i was trying to download their antispyware program and i had to download their stupid validation checker, when i ran it it kept on saying it was out of date o_O i downloaded it from betanews in the end.

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

M$.....Help...D/Ls.....Information etc., etc.,........SUCK!!.:D :D

Cochise,:cool:

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Was that link a site listed in IE's Restricted Zone....if you use that feature :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.