security task manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lynchknot, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

Hello. I have reinstalled several times but still have this problem. I have tried everything. Hopefully, there's something that you guys probably know that I haven't thought of. Thanks for your help.

http://img133.echo.cx/img133/5453/taskman8mh.png

2. lynchknot

Wow, I made posts in other boards and did not receive responses either. I guess I'll try to contact customer service though it looks as though it's for registered users only.

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I am a licensed user and still have not received a response to my inquiry of three days ago, so I do not know what kind of support you might expect to your problem.

What else do you have running on your machine?

Rich

4. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

I also use STM but have never gotten that problem that's why I didn't post anything . I would have, if I had the answer but I have no idea what is causing it.

I agree with you about STM though, I don't think it is a very popular program, at least I've seen little posted about it on other sites or mention of it.

It sounds like a good idea to contact customer service with your question because I don't think there are many people who can help you to solve it.

If it was me I would try shutting down and then (if that didn't work) removing one program at a time until I found what was causing it, or maybe even reformat, but that's just me.

Hope you do solve the problem. :)

5. lynchknot

someone pinch me, It don't believe it. It's working. I would always get stuck on one invisible (blank) entry and come up with that error. However, it's very confused. I do not have HJT running

http://img256.echo.cx/img256/2092/hjt5dv.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  6. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Something is definitely wrong. A snapshot with HijackThis listed:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  7. richrf

richrf Registered Member

STM is an interesting diagnostic tool, but the online component, SpyProtector, seems to be unfinished and unsupported. I use it, when I am looking for more information about what is running on my system. I would say the free version is definitely worthwhile. I don't think I can recommend the paid version, if they do not reply to support questions.

Rich

8. lynchknot

hmm, well it looks like it fixed itself

9. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Nothing like software that fixes itself. All software should be like that. ;)

Cya,
    Rich

10. lynchknot

that's right Finkelstein [​IMG]

11. AlexN

AlexN Guest

Hi lynchknot,

the "HijackThis 1.99.1" error is fixed. Please update STM.

richrf: "I am a licensed user and still have not received a response to my inquiry of three days ago, so I do not know what kind of support you might expect to your problem."

Sorry, I'm just back from holiday. Please email me again, if you didn't get an answer.

Alexander [the developer of STM]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.