Security Task Manager VS WinTasks 5 Professional 5.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 1+1=3, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1+1=3

1+1=3 Guest

which is better ? and why ?

2. smf

smf Registered Member

Really there is not much of a comparison. Wintasks Professional is pretty much an attractive task manager tied to a fairly comprehensive user supported database of process definitions. It doesn't really do that much more than a normal task manager.

Security Task Manager sees normal processes along with virtual drivers, bhos and hidden processes. Security Task Manager actually looks at several criteria to create a risk analysis for a given process. This doesn't mean the process is bad, but higher risk items are more likely to be malware.

I actually own both of these programs. If you want an attractive alternative to task manager with better process information then I would choose Wintasks. If you want a task manager for uncovering malware then Security Task Manager is a much better choice.

The next closest thing to Security Task Manager is TaskGuardian which has some unique merits but hasn't been around for very long. I like this program but I'm not convinced the developer will continue to enhance it.

Hope this helps...

3. Lorry2

Lorry2 Guest

If you are a developer then you should use WinTasks. It displays more internal data of a process. For home user and admin I suggest Security Task Manager (http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager).

4. Lorry2

Lorry2 Guest

TaskGuardian is a copy of Security Task Manager. (IMHO a bad copy...)

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.