Security Suites: Please help me!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ejr, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

OK...I'm not a computer guru, but I use one daily both at home and work. I am not technical or computer savvy at all. I've been using PC Cillin Internet Security for one year and I have not had any viruses. It's almost time to renew and I'm looking at a few others. If you have experience with any of these, I would appreciate your feedback regarding the positives and negatives of each product. Here's what I'm considering:

1. Bit Defender
    2. Panda Platinum Internet Security
    3. Kaspersky Personal Security Suite
    4. PC Cillin Internet Security
    5. Nod 32 plus Outpost Pro Firewall

Again, any input you have positive or negative would be appreciated.

2. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

I've been using NOD 32 with Outpost 3.0 for several weeks. They seem to work well on my older Plll computer with XP Home.

I've trialled the others you mention on a very limited basis, but I prefer my current combo for my setup.

Rob

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Of the ones on your list I would pick Kav SS.

but my self I prefer Norton Internet Security because on my comp it runs lighter than the other Security suites and the detection is as good or better than anything on your list.;)

4. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I've got 3 PC's at home. 2 Desktops and 1 laptop. For one desktop and the laptop I use NOD32 V2.0 and Zone Alarm Pro 6. They both work very well in conjunction and have never had any issues what so ever. For my other desktop I'm using Bit Defender Pro 9 which includes antivirus, firewall and antispam. There is also BD Internet security which is similar to that of the BD Pro 9 only thing is it has parental control. The BD pro 9 has been an excellent suite for me and does the job well, well so does NOD32 in conjunction with Zone Alarm pro.

Also have you considered Zone Alarm security suite. Apparently this SS has also won quite a few awards and uses Computer Associates eTrust Armour AntiVirus engine.

5. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

IMO, pick your #3 or #5, can't got wrong with either. I would lean more towards #3 if you want better trojan protection without the need for an anti-trojan software program, but then again when nod32 releases its next version they say we are in for a surprise(whatever that means).

6. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I would recommend you staying with PC-cillin Internet Security. For a couple reasons:

1) You already have good experience with it;
    2) It's lighter then all the others listed;
    3) The price is reasonable ($49.95 for the new 2006).

7. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

i was on the same situation my pc cillin expired 2 weeks argot, this year i went Whit KIS Suit, so far am happy

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

my opinion coincides with Slovak; also make sure that KAV runs ok on ur computer. for me, i dont like the slowdown so i use NOD32 instead. StyleWarz also brings up 3 good points. if pc-cillin is working well for you, is lighter, and is cheap, then it seems like an good choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.