Security Suite compatible with Office 2010 64 bit

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by xxJackxx, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I would like to know what security suites are compatible with 64 bit Office 2010, particularly Outlook 2010. This is not meant to be a this vs. that thread. If you know something is compatible or not please state that and no opinions of what is better than another for what ever reasons. I am asking because most vendors sites are not clear on this.

What I know so far:
    ESET Security Suite 4.2.71.2 seems to be compatible.
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 seems to be but the SPAM training wizard does not recognize Outlook however the AntiSPAM toolbar shows up.
    Norton Internet Security does not and will not until at least 2012 according to their forums.

2. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

If I were you I would just use the 32-bit edition of Microsoft Office 2010 on your 64-bit computer. 64-bit only has an advantage over 32-bit if you work with huge spreadsheets (> 2GB).

Even Microsoft themselves recommend the 32-bit edition for compatibility reasons, also there are less plug-ins available for the 64-bit edition.

3. xxJackxx

Run it for a day and see how fast it is and then tell me you could go back. 64 bit Outlook is way more responsive than the 32 bit version.

4. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Really :eek:, I will check it out once in the future.

5. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Can you use Windows Mobile Device Center with the x64 Outlook?

6. xxJackxx

Not the last I heard but I don't have that need to so I haven't really kept up with it.

7. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

FWIW I've been using Win 7 Ult x64, Office 2010 Pro x64, and MSE x64 for quite some time without a hitch.

8. piercinghuber

piercinghuber Registered Member

Jepp Jack, I can confirm this...
    I´ve a computer with running Win7 x64, Outlook 2010 x32 (I need the Active Sync) and KIS2011 on it. Everything is working fine only the spam training does not work - KIS irgnores the learned SPAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.