Security Setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by RSpanky, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSpanky

RSpanky Registered Member

I have DenfseWall and Mamutu active,Also wwdc which is all disabled, Sandboxie Paid on demand. I am trailing Paragon Drive Backup 9. I have read that a Imaging App is the first defense, so I am wondering if there is anything else I need to be safe. I have Sp3 fully patched. Not sure if Paragon is what I want. Any others Imaging apps would be welcome

2. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I would recommend Acronis True Image. I've been using it for 3 years know, and it has bailed me out of a jam on several occasions. It's never failed me yet. I use Acronis True Image 11. I haven't used the latest version. I believe it is version 2009. http://www.acronis.com/

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

with DenfseWall and Mamutu malware is dead not a chance, you are cover

4. RSpanky

I've read a lot about DriveSnapShot don't really know what is the best. I'm trying to see what is best for my machine and setup, I have seen where Easter has so many partitions just wondering how it is done

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  5. Someone

Someone Registered Member

All the imaging apps mentioned are good choices, you can choose the one you like.

I would also suggest you add an AV.

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Macrium has a freeware which okay on XP http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp (I use Paragon by the way, got it as freebie with a magazine)

Make sure to devide your drive into a C-drive where you instal programs and a D-drive where you put your data.

I backup data with the freeby Syncback http://www.2brightsparks.com/downloads.html#freeware

Buy an external harddrive, put it off line for most of the time (I have it stored elsewhere, just in case, I do not mind when burglars steal our PC, that is insured, I can never get my holiday photo's and movies back) and do monthly backups.

With DefenseWall and Mamuto you are well protected.

7. RSpanky

Kees1958 I think that i am going purchase paragon but I'm not sure how to devide the C drive for installed programs and the D drive for my Data I am very new at this. And I do have a external Hard Drive that I keep off line

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.