Security package question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Thanks, my Sandboxie version is 4,06 and as I am using the ancient MS, doomed to eternal damnation XP, that combination should no doubt become a catastrophic event for 2014. Looking forward to it.

Of course I believe in Santa Claus, don`t you ? Christmas is only 9 weeks away and I am full of expectations that I will get that new Teddy Bear I sent Santa a note about.

2. End of life of XP is not a catastrophic moment, XP is a very mature system (lowers chances of exploits) and security patches are problably made avaiable throug different channels. You don't understand that all pigs are not equal.

When you do not believe me, just ask Tzuk two questions and post the answers here
    1) Will sandboxie protect you from unpatched exploits of your OS (XP) when they will occur in future (as said, no program can, so this is no disqaulification of SBIE)
    2) What is the better SBIE version for your OS (XP); 3.76 or 4.06

Regards Kees :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  3. guest

guest Guest

Dear Kees,

I honestly appreciate all your advice and information, because I am well aware that you are a widely respected and highly acclaimed technical expert in all things Windows, PC and the Internet - not a joke - a serious and honest comment.

Anything you say MUST be appropriate and considered to be as good a source of advice as one can possibly get on a computer problem.

I am however a little bewildered by your obsession with pigs.
    Pigs come in many breeds, but the only personal knowledge of them is that they keep ging "Oink" and taste terrific with Apple Sauce, roast potatoes and two veg.

With the greatest of respect, I will leave it in your extremely capable hands to ask Ronen Tzur those two questions you pose. His answers would be of great interest to our Forum members.

I have a feeling that Tzuk is a member of this Forum, perhaps I am wrong.

My very grateful and sincere thanks for all your information and as always with your posts, other readers will no doubt benefit.

:thumb: :thumb:

4. My bad :oops: ,

The correct phrase from annimal farm is: “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

The Pigs were the dominant animals, so I totally messed up and I now understand your reaction.

I apologize, have send you a PM

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  5. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

As always security by obscurity is one good choice. When the XP becomes unpatched, it is not likely that the cracker world is very interested in some us running Sandboxie. It is popular, but not much so as being of interest to waiters of crackers of XP being no more supported by microsoft patches. And have a lots of robot XP machines for whatever they want.

So the pragmatic viewpoint is in my mind more realistic than a theoretical viewpoint of some of these guys. Many of these guys in wilders are linux users and missing the Sandboxie and I don't think it runs so well with their windows virtual machines.

As for Tzuk (Ronen Zur), I doubt if he would come and discuss his product here and waste his developing time in some theoretical discussions. They want that as eager as hell that he will but, I very much doubt so that he will ;)
    There is always a good choice of not give trolls any feed.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't see any trolls or Linux users missing Sandboxie? (why would you run that in a virtual machine anyways)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.