Security Override

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by guitarelf, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarelf

guitarelf Registered Member

In the last few days, SpyBot S&D has found a red entry: "Windows security override". Is this because I have ZoneAlarm & Windows firewall is disabled? Also, most times when I log on to windows, the red shield appears in my systray with a balloon informing me that Norton AV is turned off. The balloon & shield disappear after a few seconds, I check Norton & all is well. Is there a link between these occurences & should I set SpyBot to ignore the security override entry. I have deleted the security override red entry so far. If I've deleted something I need, how do I restore it? :doubt:

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. guitarelf

Hello again, snowbound. The first of your two links looks promising. The grandchildren are coming round soon, so I'll let you know later how I get on. :)

4. snowbound

Have fun with the kids. ;) :D

snowbound

5. guitarelf

Thanks for the help, snowbound. I checked out the first link you provided & based on the evidence it provided, I performed the following actions:
    Opened SpyBot in advanced mode.
    Then: settings/ignore products/security sbi. There were six Windows Security Center entries, I checked one box. Will that do the trick? ZoneAlarm Pro provides my firewall, as far as I can tell, correctly configured, Windows firewall is off.
    Any time with the grandchildren is a joy, nobody told me being a senior was going to be this much fun!! :)

6. snowbound

I'm not sure as i don't have SP2 but if u have any more troubles with this issue just post back and we'll take another whirl at it. ;) :D

snowbound

7. guitarelf

Thanks snowbound, so far everything seems to be fine, but also good to know that help is only a click away,
    Very Best,
    guitarelf. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.