Security for a beginner?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by laststopsuburbia, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I did not mean for my last post to be a 'thread stopper' perhaps, the links ( 1-10) can be expanbded upon, or modified for improvement.

Thanks & Take Care
    Rico

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Seen this one before too. Scanner is o.k. but not needed with BOClean. This story also said it was expensive solution, gee how much cheaper do you want it. Put on multipule machines (you own) and no annual renewals. This alone damages the credibility of the article.

Also BOClean is not meant as a single solution. It should be run with a good AV. I trust BOClean to protect me from not computer havoc so much, this is a side benefit, but theft of my personal life. Keyloggers, trojans, bad spyware, all these types of things. BOClean is another line of defense, a strong one, to protect against what AV might miss. Again a good AV and BOClean is always a good solution particulally for a beginner. It was designed so the user has to make minimal decision on "is this safe or not or what is this". BOClean has already figured it out for you and you will be protected. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.