Security Cameras

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tony H, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

o_O Way back when I bought an old security camera at an electronics fair. I know it works because I could see that it did (It was thier display camera) into a b/w small tv monitor.

What I wanted to do was to get the picture into my pc, but I never could. Its a CD790PDC I think by Sony.

If anyone could tell me how to set it up I would be very obliged.

Running WinXPsp1 P-4 - 3.6.

Tony H

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, I don't know anything about that particular model camera, but, what type of connection comes out of it? If it doesn't have a PC compatible digital interface of some sort, then you won't be able to hook it up without adding hardware to your PC.

If that camera has a standard "video out" connection (like what you'd plug into a VCR - a good way to test the camera again, by the way ;) ), then you'd need a video capture card in your PC, with the appropriate PC software (which should come with the card). This card would provide a "video in" port on your PC.

I hope this help,
    LowWaterMark

3. Tony H

Tony H Registered Member

Hi LWM,

Many thanks - I knew there had to be something but I couldn't figure out what.

I did a search and found this site:-

http://www.skywaysecurity.com/

and others similar.

If I manage to get the view from my window on-line I will let you know.

Tony H

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.