Securenetics

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by AnonG, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonG

AnonG Registered Member

Has anyone used this service? Their prices are quite reasonable while providing several connection options including OpenVPN. Most of their servers are in the US/UK/Canada but the company is registered in Belize. As usual with these providers, no realiable reviews could be found when searching.

2. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

What a mess of a website. They offer all kinds of different services, SSH, PPTP, OpenVPN, SOCKS Proxy, but the plan pricing doesn't tell you what is what. I always look at these services websites and it surprises me how something so simple can be made so difficult. What is so hard about:

PLAN A: OpenVPN: $10.95 per month: $99 per year

PLAN B: PPTP: $7.95 per month: $59 per year

And so forth. By the way, I just made the prices up in the example above, I'm just trying to show how all of therse services should have one page that just lays out the costs and the service without going to 57 different pages to figure it all out yourself.

Edit: I was just looking again at their page and they are shilling as an affiliate for Evidence Eliminator ala the privacy.li people. Not a good sign.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  3. AnonG

AnonG Registered Member

I was not aware of the Evidence Eliminator being connected to lie. Good to know. The way I understood the rest is that you get all connection methods assuming you don't buy the cheapest package which is simply a basic http proxy. But you're right Gerard. I also judge the websites and while I didn't have as averse reaction as you did, it isn't exactly convincing.

4. box750

box750 Registered Member

If they have their servers in the UK/US/Canada and the company HQ are in Belize, my guess is that they have to comply with the laws of both countries, the one where the server is located and the one where their company is based.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.