SecureAPlus vs. Voodoo Shield

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by atunis5804, May 20, 2015.

1. atunis5804

atunis5804 Registered Member

A few observations for those contemplating using one of these software programs...In the last few weeks, I have tried both SecureAPlus and Voodoo Shield. I tried Voodoo Shield first, in that it seemed to be higher rated than SecureAPlus on CNET and Softpedia (among other sites)...I was not happy with Voodoo Shield in that it was SO intrusive, always popping up a box asking for approval to run .exe programs, even though the program itself was likely quite effective...I simply got tired wasting so much time with the never-ending pop-ups...I then uninstalled Voodoo Shield, and installed SecureAPlus..After having read the mediocre reviews for it, I though it would likely end up uninstalled as well, and I would go searching for a replacement; however, I was VERY happy with SecureAPlus..It seems to be just as effective as Voodoo Shield, with much less in the way of intrusive pop-ups. SecureAPlus even automatically checks any running process with VirusTotal, and gives you their findings to review before allowing software to run...Well designed and implemented! I also would love to see software review sites like CNET break down user ratings by timeframe, i.e., how are recent user ratings vs. older ratings...Sometimes software can start out with poor ratings, only to be dramatically improved as the software itself improves, and user reviews tend to be all lumped together with no indication as to the trend over time.

2. Infected

Infected Registered Member

AV vs another isn't aloud I believe..

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

That only applies if comparing AV's. Voodooshield is not an AV.

P.S. I run both, but in different snapshots. I do agree with the OP that SAP is very quiet, and has few pop-ups.

4. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Still the same Principle IMO A vs B

5. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

6. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

Once I took the time and had the whitelist configured VS only alerted me to "new" things that tried to run, but your right untill you have all your exe's listed it is a little pesky.
    I have used it for nearly a year now and I love it.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

8. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

been using SecureAPlus for many months and it has been perfect. show me a single malware that can bypass it even with real time disabled like i choose to do.

9. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

+1 :thumb:

10. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I wonder what version of VS you were using? The latest beta [2.79] is pretty quiet once you get used to the idea of putting VS in training mode when installing or updating programs. I have never used SecureAPlus so can't comment on that.

11. _CyberGhosT_

_CyberGhosT_ Registered Member

@Krusty13
    Same here, havent gave SA+ a second look.
    Does anyone know if it out does Malwarebytes ?
    I would love to see how it compares to Malwarebytes and FortiClient.

12. ChoiceVoice

ChoiceVoice Registered Member

voodoo shield also checks programs on virustotal. if that is the above basis for calling secureaplus an antivirus program, then voodoo shield also qualifies. i personally consider them to just be anti exe programs ... though, it is blurry.