SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Tried it and no dialog box appeared even when SecureAPlus.exe closes on its own. I think the application is not crashing, it just closes.

2. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry for the confusion. First you need to enable the User Mode dump file. When SecureAPlus clashes subsequently and if you see the dialog box, choose "Close the program" option. :)

3. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

When you first boot up your machine, was the tray icon there? If yes, in what situation it will close?

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

No dialog box appeared and no crush dump was created. Does SecureAPlus.exe tries to connect to the driver or the service? Since this error is always created when SecureAPlus.exe closes
    Code:
    2013-08-15 19:42:37 Unable to connect ot driver communication port. Error code 0x80070002.
    I think that the check happens to fast and SecureAPlus.exe closes. I observed that when SecureAPlus.exe closes and I opened a new SecureAPlus.exe, it now stays at the tray even if I closed it.

It just closes on its own.

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hmm... it is so strange... Besides bitdefender and emet, do you have sandboxie or antilogger on your machine?

6. kupo

kupo Registered Member

EMET is now removed, I do have Sandboxie installed but currently not using it. (Just running one sandboxed application I installed there). About antilogger, I do have Zemana Antilogger installed before (FREE version only, only encrypts keystroke), but again removed it a long time ago.

7. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

My guess is it may be due to Sandboxie. Based on one user's feedback, we have found out that SecureAPlus did not work well with Sandboxie. But good news is we have fixed that and it will be released in the next version.

8. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I guess I should have been specific in giving a bug report, sorry bout that. I'll wait for the new version, any ETA for it? :D

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

No worries :) It is always our pleasure to help the users solve their problem. We are still testing the new version and if everything goes well, we should be able to release it in a week or two. I will keep you updated ;)

10. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Re: SecureAPlus Freemium - A Survey

Hi Guys, hope more of you can help to answer this short survey on SecureAPlus https://secureaplus.secureage.com/limesurvey/index.php/229462/lang-en

Thanks a million! :D

11. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Re: SecureAPlus Freemium - A Survey

Answered it yesterday, the only poor rating I gave is the initial whitelisting as it took quite a while (1 hour and 20 mins) in my system. Other than that, it's great. :D

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thank you so much :D

By the way, any new user who installed the latest version 2.0.17, will be saved from the initial whitelisting pain. We have used snapshot technology so that whitelisting protection will start even if the initial whitelisting is still in progress.

Apology to those who have installed the earlier version.

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Basically, it is an automated system for dynamic file analysis.

Example of a malware analysis...
    http://camas.comodo.com/cgi-bin/sub...e96a5a18c907f01a2253a7babcbfb05752d0b35cda0f5

14. spywar

spywar Registered Member

CAMAS means Comodo Automated Malware Analysis System.
    It's an online sandbox working on servers, once a file is uploaded to CAMAS if it has never been seen before, then CAMAS starts executing the file in a virtual environnement and records each modifications/creations/etc...done by the file.
    Regarding the severity it gives a verdict from suspicious to suspicious++.
    It may also generates FPs.
    thanks

15. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Or Undetected for non-malware file...

16. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Even malware can be undetected. Undetected = No malicious activities found during analysis.

There are plenty of online sandboxes btw...But CAMAS is rather fast and reliable.

17. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I think virustotal or jotti should be used first and if it fails to ID a file and an unknown is found then CAMAS scanning should be done and actions taken based on the result with a pop-up warning and a default option chosen with 30 to 45 second wait. That would be excellent.

So first the unknown or unsogned is scanned with defualt AV and if unknown then send to VIRUSTOTAL and if still unknown then send to CAMAS and then decide based on the result.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  18. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Siketa and spywar, Thank you so much for the info on CAMAS :) This is extremely helpful :thumb:

19. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi taleblou, interesting suggestion :thumb: If you have anymore thoughts, please keep them coming :)

20. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi kupo, latest update on your bugs report. After some further testing, we are able to reproduce your problem :) It may not be sandboxie problem after all. This issue may affect some of the users who install SecureAPlus without AV. Yes, you are right. It is not a crash. We have already found a way to fix this. I will update you again ;)

21. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Nice. :D

22. guest

guest Guest

sinlam

you have a PM, "Force Installer"

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

24. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

Installed SecureAPlus last night :)

It runs very well here, lets see how it goes :)

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Pablo87, good to hear that :) How do you find the user interface? Is it difficult to use? Do you have a hard time trying to figure out what each of the application whitelisting feature can do?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.