SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

2. hendy

hendy Registered Member

3. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v3.5.2. In this version we fixed the issue when uploading file that contains foreign language characters in the file name.

4. The Dragonfly

The Dragonfly Registered Member

I'm just a little confused on how to categories SecureAPlus. I have a hard time calling it a cloud anti-virus because of the application white-listing. At the same time the program behaves like a anti-executable. Does SecureAPlus also fall into the anti-executable category?

5. hendy

hendy Registered Member

SecureAPlus actually started with pure application whitelisting, which is still remain as our core until now. Unfortunately the term application whitelisting is not much known by non-technical background people. To make it easier to understand, and more self-explained, some people call this technology as anti-executable. It is easier to understand by layman users, but sometimes still hard to reach them out. Most users are still more familiar with the traditional type of anti-virus rather than anti-executable or application whitelisting. To reach out to these segment of users, we added offline and cloud anti-virus features.

6. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

You're welcome. :)

7. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

Can you add a feature to the tray icon and in settings to completely disable the program? I don't see any way to shut it off. most security products have that feature.

8. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Do you mean to completely turn off application whitelisting?
    The closest to this is to choose "Trust all until computer is restarted" from the tray icon (Application Whitelisting -> Trust all until computer is restarted).
    There is reason why it can't be completely switch off.
    Consider the following scenario. For instance, if user is able to completely switch it off, what will happen if Windows performing Windows update during this period of time?
    All the new Windows update files will not be trusted, since the engine is not running. When the user switch it on again, there is a possibility that the Operating System will not be function properly any more because all the new OS files are get blocked since they were not trusted during the switch off period.

9. Overkill

Thanks for explaining that.

10. truestampede

truestampede Registered Member

Greetings to the Wilders Security Forum Community!

We are currently undergoing a Public Beta for SecureAPlus. This means that a SecureAPlus account is no longer required to get your hands on the latest Beta version. So for those who have been holding off from joining the Beta without committing to creating an account, you can try our software out by simply visiting our revamped website.

For the benefit of our loyal testers, the following are the changes made over the previous version (4.1.5):

What's new:
    - Added script rule for .hta file.
    - New UI for "Show All Trust Level." User
    - Add tips to help users to decide what to do when they get prompted by Application Whitelisting.
    - If Webroot is detected to be installed before SecureAPlus, prompt the user to install Webroot after SecureAPlus.​

Bugs fixed:
    - Small gap on top of the monitor picture at "App Settings" -> "Others" -> "Notification"
    - Finish installation dialog does not appear in Windows XP.
    - Icon in the "Manage User rights" page is not synchronized with other sub pages under "App Settings" -> "Others"
    - sanotifier.exe crash when UAV server is down.
    - Typo: “certicate”, changed to “certificate”
    - On the Updates settings, clicked the toggle for 'Use System Proxy Settings', if the default proxy settings is empty, it prompt a message, but the proxy and port field become disabled.
    - Typo error: “exectuable files”, changed to "executable files"​
    Modifcations:
    - When server is still doing immediate scan in the manual scanner, shows the number of files remaining and wait until all files are finished.
    - Modify Trusted Certificate page to split the list and the add page.
    - Modify some color scheme in the main console.
    - Change SecureAPlus logo in the main console to (left top) to Computer Status logo
    - Change color scheme in Quarantine & History.
    - Remove back buttons in Quarantine & History pages
    - Remove back button in the UAV status.
    - Remove back button in the Security Features Details.
    - Change Full System scan icon.
    - Change "View Status" icon
    - Right aligned buttons in manual scanner.
    - Change "Notify me for new update" to "Notify me about new update"
    - Change “Trusted Certificate” to “Trusted Certificates”
    - Change icons and color in “Info & Licenses”
    - Change SecureAPlus box pictures in the “License” page
    - Right aligned buttons in the UAV scan results.
    - Change buttons color in UAV scan results.
    - Color theme in the settings pages.
    - Adjust text position in the Notifications page (left-top, and right-top).
    - Change hover button at the notifications settings.
    - At “Home” screen, align “View Status” and “Threats Detected” button to the left.
    - Change text, when UAV detected threats, display “Threat(s) detected”. Previously it shows “Your computer is at risk.”.
    - Change SecureAPlus taskbar icon.
    - Change "Universal AV Status" title color from blue to purple
    - Set left and right margin to 0 for tab form.
    - Change ComboBox color.
    - While ClamAV or UAV is in the progress doing file scanning, close the file handle. Previously the handle is closed only after the scanning is completed.
    - Use https protocol to download SecureAPlus update for Windows Vista or later.​

We will be officially relaunching SecureAPlus on 15 March 2016 (12:00 GMT +8 ) and we hope that people will like, both existing and new users, what we have done to make it better.

Rest assured that there are plenty of things set to be added to SecureAPlus to make it even more attractive to users, based on the feedback we received during the Beta, in the coming months so do look forward to those.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  11. fblais

fblais Registered Member

You mean 2016 I guess.
    ClamAV ?
    Last time I tried an AV using this engine, there were too many false positives.

12. truestampede

Hi fblais!

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, it's 15 March 2016 (12:00 GMT +8 ). You don't have to use ClamAV, it is completely optional and we do not recommend it if you already have an existing Anti-virus solution. Regardless of whichever choice you take, Universal AV & the Application Whitelisting should work just fine.

13. Overkill

Will the Beta (once it is stable) have an option to not install the offline av? Do you have a ballpark time when it will be stable?

14. truestampede

Hi Overkill,

Upon official launch, there will be option to download the new version without the offline AV. For the beta, this is not an option but you can disable the offline AV in the settings after it has finished installing (note that you don't need to finish the initial scan to finish to change the setting).

The official launch will be on 15 March 2016 and this will be considered stable by then. We will also be removing the old version from that date onward.

15. Overkill

Great, Thanks so much!

16. polly77

polly77 Registered Member

I had to go back to older 3.5.2 version from 4.1.6 ,I was getting file index service not ready yet while it just kept scanning.I am not seeing that with 3.5.2.Any fixes Thks

17. hendy

hendy Registered Member

18. polly77

polly77 Registered Member

I am still getting file index error in 4.2.0 version ,any ideas anyone? Thks

19. warwagon1979

warwagon1979 Registered Member

A bug i've found on my main machine and a test machine (as of 5 mins ago) I use using while trying to locate an exploit kit to test secureaplus against is this..

On my main machine I put my machine in lock down mode. But upon taking it out of lock down and putting it in interactive mode, it stayed in lock down mode (even though interactive was selected) until I restarted the computer.

On my Test machine, it was in interactive mode, it blocked the samples but then all of the sudden any other exe I tried loading automatically failed giving the message as if I was in lock down mode. I had to restart the machine to get it to work again.

20. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Did you tried re-installing the product?

21. ronald739

ronald739 Registered Member

22. Overkill

SAP didn't install right last night and some programs aren't working right. Is there a uninstall tool available?

When I try to open Zemana and Eagleget I get this alert
    a required privilege is not held by the client

EDIT: After a few tries, I was finally able to install and uninstall SAP (in safe mode) off my system and my programs work again.
    Originally, it installed normally but it didn't give me the alert to reboot and after that, some of my programs were blocked and I couldn't even install SAP in normal mode it would give me this alert>>>a required privilege is not held by the client.
    WHAT A PITA!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  23. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are very sorry for the incident caused by SecureAPlus installation. We will test with the software that you mentioned.
    Next time when similar issue happened, you may try to switch to trust all mode (right click on SecureAPlus tray icon -> Application Whitelisting -> Trust all until computer restarted).

24. hendy

hendy Registered Member

May be the file index database is corrupted. You can download and execute the following tool to refresh the database:
    https://secureaplus.secureage.com/download/RefreshFileIndex.exe

It will also try to do chkdsk upon reboot, to make sure that the file system is healthy.

25. Overkill

That's the problem, it never started up! It installed, I rebooted (after waiting a few minutes because it never gave me the alert to restart) then after windows booted, SAP never started and Zemana didn't load either. It was very strange, that has never happened before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.