SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I would like to be able to add and remove items to/from the trust list. Please try to improve that.

2. simmersK00L

simmersK00L Registered Member

fwiw, I was interested in trying SAP on XP, but I have Avira Browser Safety addon in both chrome & firefox and ABS blocks access to SAP downloads stating its a malware site. If I was desperate to try SAP I could disable ABS, but I'm not. Wondering though if Avira is merely blocking a "competitor" --

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't like their "force ads about this app all overn the internet" just to be able to keep using it. I wouldn't mind spreading a good word about it, but forcing me to do so after 1 year just turns me away from even trying it.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Bloody hell, this first time scan is slooooooooow.

5. Secondmineboy

Secondmineboy Registered Member

They should ask people if and how they want to scan their device :)

6. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Yeah. They need to scan everything to detect any malicious programs and also to add any legitimate/safe to the application whitelisting.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I don't exactly understand when are used what scan engines. For real-time it seems to query entire VT scanner and not just selected AV's. So, where does Universal AV fit in exactly?

8. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

@hendy

Question: If I have a perpetual license assigned to one device ID, may I deactivate that perpetual license and then reassign/activate to a different device ID?

Your reply is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  9. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

i have the same question as above

10. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Perpetual license is not transferable to other device.

11. KaptainBug

So basically, if you format your PC, you will lose the perpetual license ? :cautious:

12. hendy

hendy Registered Member

If you want to format your PC, please note down your machine id. To transfer the license to the new PC, send e-mail to secureaplus@secureage.com, and let us know your old and new machine id.

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

That seems like a lot of work to something that could be easily automated online for the user.

14. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I completely agree

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

The whole logic behind this license extension is confusing and annoying. I'm always promoting stuff that I think is good, but if company FORCES me to do it, that just steers me away from doing just that. I really like SecureAge, it's how I had scanner imagined to be connected to VT service, but the though of losing the license after 1 year or be forced to spam everyone with recommendations for it just doesn't sound like something I want to do.

And then there is this license transfering. If something goes wrong and I don't have my old ID anymore, I'll have to spam everyone with stuff again. Me not like this. Do like the program A LOT, but not this promotion/license extension thing.

16. KaptainBug

Exactly.. Instead of machine ID's, just give us a username, license key. Works much better than machine ID stuff.

17. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

18. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We will treat the perpetual license transfer case by case. For users who do not have the record of their machine id, can also let us know the e-mail address that they use to sign in for the SecureAPlus account web portal.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Wouldn't be easier if it was per user account and not per user ID ? I mean, you have to create an account to extend the license anyway.

20. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Yes, it can also be done by user account. Actually from our side, the basic idea is that we can verify that it is really the corresponding user that has requested the license transfer. This can be done in many different ways, including telling us what is your user account (the e-mail address that you use to logon to SecureAPlus account).

21. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Server is down presently:

ScreenShot_SAP_down for server maintenance_01.gif

22. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are in the process of upgrading our servers. The server may be down until some time next week.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

23. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks. :)

24. hendy

hendy Registered Member

You are welcome :)

25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

The last time I was in this snapshot was just a few days ago, and I was in v4.1.3 [see post above]. However, I have now got v4.1.4 installed after boot, and I don't know how that occurred, because your server was down the other day, and I couldn't get the beta download to v4.1.4....Now, I have the installer for version 4.1.5 coming through automatically. o_O?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.