SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

HI taleblou, I think you don't quite understand how SecureAPlus work.
    Seriously there is no way the lockdown mode will allow you to install if it is not trusted. We had went through a very stringent and intensive testing for this commercial project. If we had failed in this aspect, there is no way we have this deal.

Anyway the decision is yours. As I had always told you before and even now, if you should change your mind, we welcome you to use SecureAPlus once again.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

so you are suggesting those 2 samples that were installed as see in snapshots were known and safe? I did not put VT scan result but they were detected by several AVs. So how can those 2 and the others from my other test that I send you would be allowed to install or as you suggested is trusted??

Comodo and several other AVs did not trust them so why would secureaplus would trust them if thats the only way they can be allowed to be installed?

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

SecureAPlus does not trust dubious programs unless the users intentionally or unintentionally trusted them as trusted application or trusted installer.

Taleblou, let's cool it. For awhile, you sounded like you are working for Comodo, lol ;)
    Unless you can give us a step by step information about what has taken place, there is no way we can answer your questions. I have requested more information from you a few times and each time you give me only screen shots and vague description. We are willing to help you but only if you are willing to share with all of us here your entire testing steps and scenario in very clear details. Sounding vague can only mislead and confuse people.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi guys, there is this thread at MalwareTips that I would like to share with all of you. This is about certain misconception of SecureAPlus, http://malwaretips.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium-quick-test.30791/. But at least from this video with a much detail steps, we can tell what actually went wrong. I have also posted about this at SecureAPlus Forum to address this misconception, https://secureaplusforum.secureage.com/index.php/topic,11.0.html.

From this incident, we have learnt one valuable lesson. Users are the weakest link in security. To prevent this from happening, we have since added more applications to the Restricted Application List, eg Haozip. In the next version release, we are going to add in others like BitTorrent, QBittorent and uTorrent to the Restricted Application list.

6. taleblou

well the steps were just install secureaplus without av and after finishing scan and installing, all I did was set it to lockdown. Thats it. Later I tried the first 2 malwares that torch did not block and then clicked on them to install and even turned comodo detection off to let secureaplus detect them. THATS ALL I DID. No tempering and no touching anything in secureaplus.

By the way I do not work for any companies as I am self employed now.

7. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

This is still too vague. More details please.

8. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Was the malware already on your harddisk when you install SecureAPlus?

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Where are the two malwares?

10. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

How do you download the malware?

11. taleblou

hmm so if a file is downloaded or extracted by a browser or un-zip program that is safe, the files will be flagged "trusted" by secureaplus as you mentioned in the link from the malwaretips.com?

This is A BIG FAIL. a security program should not allow ant files that is ran that is untrusted or unknown, no-matter if the user use a trusted program to get the file in the first place.

From your explaination of that video, you said since haozip is trusted then all the files extracted using it will be trusted even if av misses some of them? If so then thats a NON-SENSE. We have no choice but to use trusted programs like browsers and un-zippers to get our file and secureaplus should not trust anything gotten using any trusted programs.

12. taleblou

I used malc0de and malwaredomainlist links using my browser which is Torch (a chrome clone).

13. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Let me ask you a few simple questions before you jump into conclusion.

What is trusted application?

What is restricted application?

Do you know why we come up with restricted application ?

14. taleblou

I had send you via PM earlier and in here the first 2 malwares I tested that installed fine without secureaplus warning. Also posted the links in my earlier posts. The second test I did not get the VT result because the pc was very slowed and infected after the test and I had to reboot and with shadow mode all were gone.

15. taleblou

well it seems trusted and restricted concept of secureaplus is different then other softwares perhaps. Please enlighten us.

16. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thank you so much for your feedback. Those who truly understand the concept of application whitelisting will know how it works. That is all for our discussion, taleblou. Thank you for your time and effort. Please continue to use whichever product you love. We don't impose on other people's decision and I think I will stop entangling in this kind of argument. The users are the best judge and the governance testing that we went through are the best gauge.

Once again, appreciate your effort to post.

17. taleblou

on the other hand I had a hard time getting malware links pass my browser's securities and download and got 2 out of a ton of links. I use torch which has the same level of security as chrome and the following security extensions of avira, trafficlight. Also I have just added "secure downloader" extension now and with that I think I will not be able to download any and all malwares anymore.

secure download takes over all downloads in the browser and scans them with 40 AVs and lets you know if infected or clean, so you can download.

18. taleblou

Do not take it badly, Secureaplus is a great software but to me seems it was more stronger in the past then now. But still an excellent software. If I have hurt your feeling then I apologize.

19. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Perhaps, this saga should not have been conducted in public view...rather by PM, or e-mail?

20. taleblou

you maybe right, but since it was in public forum, then it showed that secureaplus developer or secureage is a open and professional company with nothing to hide. Sinlam being this coolheaded is a great trait and asset for the company.

21. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

taleblou, we have come this far to feel being hurt by bad comments. Frankly speaking, SecureAPlus is an even stronger solution right now despite of what you think it is. I just find it so pointless to go into this round of endless debate to prove it that we are better.

22. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Nothing, wrong with being open. ;) But, sometimes others that read what is being discussed, can be unclear for them. Leads to confusion about the product.

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Yes, you are right Tarnak, thank you!

24. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I don't go seeking malware, to download and test. That requires, a certain expertise, which I don't have, and really don't need for my purposes.

Let others venture, where I fear to go! LOL

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

That is a wise decision. Yes, leave it to the experts. That is why I fully support the TOS of Wilders about malware exchange.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.