SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I love the new gui...why use clamav? will this ever have the password option?

2. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Glad to know that you like the new gui :)

This is only temporary until we have work out certain issues.

It doesn't have password. What it has is the "Manage User Rights".

manage_user_rights.png

3. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I sure would love it to have that option ;)
    Other than that it is a wonderful program and is very light when I am just using the whitelist without the av's.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Hi sinlam,

I just clicked on retrieve last scan...but, nothing seems to happen. I thought it would show a log, and open in notepad.

ScreenShot_SAP_retrieve last scan_01.gif

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Tarnak, it doesn't show a log or open in notepad.

After you click on "Retrieve Last Scan", you can only see the process status at the Universal AV Status.

retrieve_last_scan.png

After that, you will see the result whether it is safe or threats are found.

retrieve_last_scan_result.png

6. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry, we may not be add in the password at this moment. But we will do it if more users request for it

Great :)

7. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi guys, we have added one new av engine to Universal AV, Sophos. So now we have a total of 12 antivirus engines that does continuous file scanning in the cloud :) More will be added gradually over time.

8. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thanks ;)

10. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

hello sinlam. I have decided to test secureaplus on my newly formatted windows 7 home premium and it seems still hitman pro picks sanotifier.exe as a Trojan. Although virustotal scan and herd protect shows sanotifier.exe safe.

So better talk to guys over at hitman pro about their false-positive.

Anyway so-far its working good and I love the new gui. I will test it with other programs like shadow defender. to see if any issues and will post here. Great job guys.

update:
    I ran a few pup and malwares and secureaplus warned for all of them except 2. here are the VT link of the 2 that secureaplus under lockdown did not give a warning.

to see the vt result please copy and paste the link.

1. minecraftdl_166.exe:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e16c69a81f914a28d97e1cc3b7c3c2a2fbbe464116bf3fc76a634de6d6df58bb/analysis/1409096090/

2. sm32.exe:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4ae28376cc7e90a0db1c00d225ed44f883cb316cf796fc4cdf7fec94963faffb/analysis/1409096288/

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  11. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi taleblou, it is great to see you start testing SecureAPlus again! Glad to know that you like our new GUI :)

Thank you so much for reporting this to us. Hope to hear more comments from you.

12. taleblou

sinlam here is a snapshot of my test pc after got infected in my test with secureaplus under lockdown.

Attached Files:

13. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi taleblou, Lockdown Mode is related to the application whitelisting component. It automatically blocks any program files that are not found in the trusted list from running. When you download a new program file, Universal AV or offline AV will scan the file. If both of them did not detect it as a malware, it will not show any virus alert and the program file will be saved to the hard disk. Don't worry, as long as the program file is not trusted, any attempt to run it will be automatically blocked from running by SecureAPlus Application Whitelisting in Lockdown Mode. This means that even if this program file is infected with virus and is saved to the hard disk, it will just remain in the hard disk and can't do anything to harm the computer since it is blocked from running. Universal AV will continuously scan the program file and if it is detected as a malware thereafter, it will then prompt the user with a virus alert.

14. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

We are unable to reproduce it. We used Hitman Pro 3.7.9 to perform full scan as well as individual file scan. It didn't detect sanotifier as a virus. Perhaps you can share with us more information that can help us to reproduce it?

hitmanpro_1.jpg

hitmanpro_2.jpg

15. taleblou

i reported it as false positive to hitman pro and maybe they fix it??

By the way secureaplus still has issues with comodo. I installed comodo firewall set to proactive protection and noticed the sandbox and virtualization would not work and also faced alot of freezing issue. Just in-responsive systems.

16. taleblou

then what about those malware remnant and pup detection from my snapshot? This was a clean system and those showed up after my test.

17. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Lockdown mode does not block any writing. It is only locked from executing any untrusted application. You can check the trust level of those suspected malware files by doing a right-mouse click. If you did not trust these files, they should be shown as "Not trusted". As long as it is marked as "Not trusted", it will not be able to run and therefore it is safe.

18. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Can please provide more information to help us to diagnose better?

19. taleblou

well I have uninstalled secureaplus. I will run it again against comodo IS set to proactive and maxed the protection already installed for you to see if the problems repeat. What do you want me to send you if the problem happened again?

Right now I am only running CIS on my system which is a windows 7 home premium 32bit. After your response, I will re-install secureaplus (tell me should I install with or without antivirus?) and test it again. Last time I have secureaplus with AV installed with comodo firewall set to proactive with maxed protection setting.

20. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

When you said problems, perhaps it will help if you can tell us more what the problem is? BSOD? Window Freezes? etc..
    In your next testing, you may want to try installing SecureAPlus with AV first and then followed by Commodo iinstallation. If it problem arises, then try to install SecureAPlus with no AV first and then Comodo.
    If you encounter problems in both instances, it will be good to show us some screenshots and email the log file from C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log to secureaplus@secureage.com.

21. taleblou

well I have i
    well I have re-installed secureaplus without av and so far all is well and working as usual with no ill-effect. CIS is running as usual and secureaplus too.

Unfortunately I can not test secureaplus malware protection as CIS will block and detect all. Even when CIS is disabled it will still detect malwares.

hmm I am thinking with having CIS under maximum proactive protection, why would I need anything else to run as comodo will do its job perfectly.

22. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

I must said that each product has its own unique strength and functionality. At the end of the day, it is the user's decision to use their preferred solution.

SecureAPlus may be pretty new but we are glad that we manage to clinch on a commercial project that actually paid for our development effort in building the SecureAge Management Server that manages the whitelist. After intensive testing of our whitelisting protection, they felt that this is worth an investment.

23. taleblou

I agree. Well I will keep secureaplus along with CIS for now.

24. taleblou

well i tested it secureaplus again against 2 fresh zero-day malware along with CIS.

CIS warned and blocked both but I let them to continue install by disabling CIS protection to see secureaplus reaction and secureaplus allowed both to continue and install, even in lockdown mode.

here are the snapshots showing secureaplus failing to stop both malware while comodo warned as usual.

the 1st and 3rd from the left are when comodo warned with nothing from secureaplus. The other 2 are when malwares installed or began installing after disabling comodo and nothing from secureaplus.

fail secureaplus-2.jpg malware install-1.jpg malware2 comodo block.jpg malware-2a.jpg

25. taleblou

I think for the time being I will uninstall secureaplus as I am satisfied with comodo protection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.