SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Re: SecureAPlus Freemium New Version - v2.0.17

Hi harsha_mic, thank you for trying out and liking SecureAPlus. As mentioned in my earlier post, please watch out for a better version a few months down the road ;)

2. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Hello, I started using this and I am liking it. I do have some feature request though,

Please add advanced settings also available to Standard User Account, it is only showing in my admin account.

Capture.JPG

EDIT: Also, maybe you add easy access to learning mode and lockdown mode through the tray icon right click? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  3. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi trjam, we are happy that you like SecureAPlus :) I hope you will stay tune to a much improved version in a few months' time ;)

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Sorry for the problem you are facing right now. We will do further testing and get back to you next week. It will help us to investigate your problem better if you can email the logs which can be found in two folders: Program Data and User's App data to us at secureaplus@secureage.com. Thanks :)

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi kupo, thank you so much for liking it :) We only allow admin user to modify the whitelisting setting. That is why the standard user account cannot see the advanced setting. Perhaps you can share with us more why the standard user may need to change the setting?

6. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Hello, I am both the Admin and the Standard User, I only used Standard User Account for improved security. I rarely go to my admin account. I guess I can live with it since I've been able to add "Users" that can edit the whitelist through the right click.

I have another question. In setting the trust level in a recently downloaded .exe for example, what is the difference between "trusted application" and "trusted installer"?

7. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Ok got Windows back on the netbook! WOOHOO! Sadly I lost the Chinese malware in the process. So umm I was wondering if you could send it to me again haha. Going to test out the new version after I am done installing all the Windows Updates.

8. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

Everything has been deleted already, I didn't even think about the logs.

When I get off work later today I can recreate the logs and email them to you.

Thanks.

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thank you so much for your help :)

10. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Glad that you finally got Windows back on netbook :) I have already sent the Chinese malware back to you via your aol email ;) Please let me know the outcome of your testing. Thanks.

11. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kupo, "Trusted Application" refers to application that is allowed to run but the files that it create will not be trusted. One good example is internet browser. All the files created by the browser will not be automatically trusted as it may bring in risky file or program that can harm your computer.

"Trusted Installer" usually refers to all the installer, uninstaller and software update. A trusted installer is allowed to run and all the files that it has created will be automatically set as trusted application. For example, if you wish to install any program that is not found in the trusted list, you can set the installer as "Trusted Installer" so that you will not get prompted when it creates files during the installation process.

Hope this answers your query. For more information, you can refer to SecureAPlus User Guide, section 9.1.

If you need further clarification, please feel free to ask :)

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi taleblou, thank you for highlighting that winpatrol could be the source of the problem. Please let me know the outcome of the testing. We will also be testing it and post the outcome next week. :)

13. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

What happen when the free year is up ?

14. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

just curious way was Calm AV used in SecureAPlus?

Id dump the AV part and focus on the Whitelisting part of the program. its a neat free program.

thank you :thumb:

15. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

If the free year is up, you can add more months by referring other people to this program. If you refer more than 6 users to this software in the single course of one year, the license becomes perpetual.

The ClamAV is used in conjunction with the whitelisting process, probably because it provides signature detection as well as the fact that it is open-source. It is notable that one can uncheck the option to install ClamAv if one wishes.

16. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

Refer to post number 74. My result is posted there. As a short summery of my test, there was not issues and all was well with winpatrol free, secureaplus and eset ss6. They seem to work well. The only thing bothered me was winpatrol several pop-ups about secureaplus that I had to answer it manually. It seemed what ever move secuureaplus did in the background, winpatrol would pop-up a warning asking for allow or not.

17. Austerity

I have no recreated my issues with ESS, since I purchased a copy of KIS when I got off work today. 5 PC package for $19.95, couldn't resist myself even though I really have not tested it , it has consistently been lighter and better protection than ESET.

I have attempted to install SecureAPlus twice. It goes through the installation, downloads, installs, and says it is complete. There is nothing installed on the PC. Nothing in programs/uninstall menu on Windows 7. I have tried disabling KIS and Application trust mode on KIS to no avail.

18. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Are you sure? This cannot be! Something must be interfering with the installation. After installation, the program should startup automatically and start the whitelisting process. Perhaps it is sandboxed somehow so it doesn't show on the system?

19. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Brocke, you can join the referral program to extend the user license. For every one friend you have invited and he/she has installed SecureAPlus on a computer, you will get your user license extended for another 6 months. If you invited up to 6 friends from the date of the installation, you will get a perpetual license for free ;)

20. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

what happens if you do the referral program but people don't install it and the year is up. does the software stop working?

how is the Trusted venders lists updated?

21. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Apart from Kelvin's comment, our key reason is to path our direction towards the new product concept for SecureAPlus around end of this year. We have already submitted a patent in US. So do watch out for it ;)

Edit: We have to thank Kelvin and the rest of the beta testers for their feedback during the beta program :) It is because of their comment, we have provided an option to either not installing the av or after installing the av, users can choose to disable it.

22. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Austerity, we really want to help you find the source of the problem. It would be great if you can email the log file to us.

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi buddy, thank you so much for your continuous support :) Really hope to see you again in our next beta program ;) We have mailed the beta perks to you. Let me know once you have received it. They may not be extremely valuable, but we just want to express our gratitude to all the beta testers :D

24. Austerity

Did some testing tonight with ESET and Kaspersky. Wasn't able to get this program to install with Kaspersky and was not able to get it to install without freezing my PC on ESET.

I have logs now, where can I email them?

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Brocke, sorry if my explanation sounds confusing in the private message. I have drawn rectangles to show how you can check your ID in the screen capture below.

secureaplus_2.jpg

If the people you referred to didn't install and your user license is expired after one year, some of the features will stop functioning eg the software update and the virus signature update.

By default, we have already included a list of trusted vendors. More will be added during the initial whitelisting process or as and when you have trusted any application. You can also manually add or remove any of the certificate.

Hope this helps ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.