SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I already voted on SAP forum but I'll repeat it here....
    #1 :thumb:

2. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thank you so much for your support, siketa ;)

3. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

I think the UI with white background is much easy for the eyes. Btw there is no option to install Application whitelisting alone ?

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

There is an option to choose not to install the local av. But it will install Application whitelisting and the Universal AV cloud scanning is enabled. Are you suggesting that we should provide users the option to enable / disable Universal AV cloud scanning? If yes, it will be great if you can share with us the reason.

5. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I guess there are users who:
    1) do not want any AV
    2) are happy with their current AV

IMHO, it would be great to have install options for all 3 modules.
    Users could add anything they need later through Modify procedure, something that avast has.

6. KaptainBug

I haven't tried this universal AV. Is it compatible with existing antivirus ?

7. KaptainBug

Agreed :thumb:

8. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Great suggestion siketa :thumb:

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

There are 11 av engines sitting at Universal AV server which continuously scans the file hashes of dll, exe, msi and scripts from user's machine. So there is no concern over compatibility with the existing av on your machine. It provides an added layer of protection for your computer.

10. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

These 11 engines - which vendors exactly? Are these the command-line scanners? I believe they are licensed for SAP to use?

Just curious.

P.S. White background is OK. Concept 2 is an eyesore. P

11. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Hello safeguy, I think they upload hashes of unknown executables. Documents are scanned using clamav to protect user confidentiality. There are a pretty large amount of engines including Avira, emsisoft, and Microsoft

12. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Will there be an option to just use whitelisting and no Universal AV and cloud stuff?

13. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Yes, they are command-line scanners and proper license has been purchased. Thanks for the vote on the UI design :) For more info, you can join us a beta tester at beta.secureaplus.com to find out more.

14. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Our current setting is whitelisting and universal AV cloud based scanning comes with it. Do you prefer not to have Universal AV enabled? If yes, can you please share with me the reason? This will help us to understand the user's requirements.

15. KaptainBug

How does the perpetual license work when we have the Universal AV and application whitelisting bundled together ? I thought perpetual license is only for application whitelisting and will not work for AV. Since we cannot install application whitelisting alone does it mean the Universal AV will also be free for perpetual license holders ?

16. KelvinW4

Hi, KaptainBug, perpetual license will work for the program since the Universal AV is bundled with the application whitelisting.

How the licensing works
    -Become a beta tester and get a perpetual license
    -Get a perpetual license by inviting some amount of people (I forgot how many) to use the program
    Each invited person will prolong your license by 6 months

By default, the free license lasts up to 1 year.

Thanks.

17. KaptainBug

Thanks. I already own one by referring my friends.

18. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Glad to know you already own a perpetual user license :) Users with perpetual license will get a free upgrade to application whitelisting bundled with Universal AV.

19. KaptainBug

20. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

Hello Sinlan,
    Well I just spent the last 2-2 1/2 enjoyable hours reading all the posts here and your comments...I must say I am very much impressed with your knowledgeable answers and quick replies....
    With that being understood,and myself not knowing,I have some questions for you,which I am sure you will be able to answer:D
    1) All through the ongoing thread here it talks about "Betas"...Is the now new version 2.0.23 a final and stable version??....I don,t like Beta,s...
    2)In regards to the whitelisting does this just take on the Local drive (my case is C) or does it do all installed drives??...I have 2 others...
    3)Has your new program been tested with the new version of MWAM Premium..(version.2.0.1.114),and if so is it compatible??
    4)Is there a "list" or certain recommendations on installing/or have installed of other security apps...
    IE: apps that are not compatible..or apps that should be installed after installing SAP Freemium??
    5)Is there a special tool needed for un-installing your app....like many other security apps...or is your uninstaller all that is needed....Also are there any special precautions that need to be taken for this procedure??
    6)I was wondering why it was necessary to have a "Google" acct to reach your Forum site....That is a big NO NO for me..

I can,t think of anything else right now that I want to ask,and your probably thinking..."Thank god for that.":D.....but will probably chime in again at some point in time....

Thanks for your time/consideration....

21. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Interested in the above questions^^^^^^

22. KelvinW4

Hello
    1) Yes, there is a final version, but it does not have the new features like universal av and has a slower whitelisting speed
    2) The program should , in my knowledge, whitelist all local drives
    3) SecureAPlus should be compatible with MBAM
    4) SecureAPlus is compatible with most security setups
    5) You can uninstall the program via control panel normally
    6) I do not believe you need a google account http://beta.secureaplus.com/Beta2/beta_login.php. Just log on normally on the website.

Sinlam, please correct me if I am wrong.

23. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi cyberlost24, sorry for my late reply.

Kelvin, you are right :) SecureAPlus Freemium v2.0.23 is the final version but it does not include Universal AV and the initial whitelisting speed is much, much slower than the beta version.

Kelvin, bingo! :) Yes, SecureAPlus whitelist all local drives, including the additional partitions or HDD. The only excluded drive is the external HDD (eg USB HDD)

I guess you are referring to MBAM (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware). If yes, Kelvin, you are right again :)
    SecureAPlus is compatible with MBAM but the only issue is that the intermittent scanning result of MBAM shows SecureAPlus as a trojan at times. But there are times when the scanning result shows that SecureAPlus is clean. We have reported this as false positive to MBAM several times (some users also reported it) but at times it still detect SecureAPlus as trojan...

Like what Kelvin said, SecureAPlus is compatible with most security setups. As long as the user trusts the installer from other security setups, the installation should be able to go through. But there is one exception, ie WebRoot SecureAnyWhere which needs to be handled carefully. WebRoot SecureAnyWhere has to be installed only after SecureAPlus has been installed. If you installed WebRoot SecureAnyWhere before SecureAPlus, the memory consumption will be very high.

You can uninstall SecureAPlus either via the control panel or from the SecureAPlus uninstaller shortcut found in the Start menu.

If you are referring to the forum in the SecureAPlus Freemium website, yes, we are using the Google discussion group. But we are going to change it to the same forum platform that we are currently using for the beta around June / July this year. If you don't feel comfortable using the google account, you can always post your questions here ;)

Lol :D Feel free to drop your comment here any time.

24. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin, you scored a distinction ;)

25. cyberlost24

cyberlost24 Registered Member

Sinlan
    Many thanks for the reply to my questions...
    I only have a query to this one reply...(can,t find quote on this new site!)....Where you say....

SecureAPlus Freemium v2.0.23 is the final version but it does not include Universal AV and the initial whitelisting speed is much, much slower than the beta version.
    Sorry I don,t understand this....Why would this be??...It was always my understanding that beta,s were for working out the bugs and once they were, and the program went final,then the NEW one would be much improved and better.....(seems very strange to me):confused:

I also wanted to comment on this post by Arcanez..665.....I would prefer to simply purchase a license for the program instead of taking part in this referral program. I don't like licenses which are only valid for one year no matter if paid or free. Why not just offer lifetime licenses for Money and maybe an upgrade fee for Major Version updates. This would as well differentiate SecureAplus from the usual subscription model of other AV companies. Purchasing a program once is just comfortable for the user. It is set and Forget. I hate to worry about about my licenses which are running out and having to think about renewing my subscription. I want to buy a product and use it as Long as I want. I don't really get the whole subscription model anyway. It sucks for the enduser.

I completely concur!!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.