SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi harsha, sorry for facing the same frustration as Trespasser. We are still in the midst of testing SecureAPlus with Sandboxie. We will definitely post the outcome of the testing in this forum once it is ready.

2. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

thanks sinlam for the update. i will be waiting :)

just to update, i tried with ie10 yesterday in sandboxie and testing some malware urls, after the session, i was not able to close ie...same as firefox. cpu usage is constantly at 50-60%.

the good thing is that, in both the cases, i was able to do soft reboot instead of hard reboot...

i will stop tinkering with sandboxie for a while, till this issue is resolved :)

and i disabled AV component. Not sure if it adds any value to my exists AV (Avast, which is pretty much ok)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  3. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

sinlam:

Thanks for the response. Now I understand! :thumb:

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi harsha, thank you for the information. This definitely helps in our testing :)

SecureAPlus, although with its av engine disabled, will definitely add value to your existing av. It will act as another layer of defense to:
    - detect and block any stealthy and advanced malware upon their first sign of entry, regardless of how hard they evade detection.
    - identify and allow only trusted application to run.
    - block risky programs and malicious scripts from running.

We have developed SecureAPlus in such a way that it works well with most of the other antivirus software. We want to give users the flexibility of either using SecureAPlus av engine or their existing av software or even using both av at the same time.

Hope this will help to clarify some of your doubts. Please feel free to post your query here and I will be most happy to help. ;)

5. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

You are most welcome :) Please feel free to give any kind of feedback for SecureAPlus.

6. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi cheater87, we have tested SecureAPlus with Comodo Antivirus, Comodo Internet Security Premium and Comodo Firewall in Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit, they work well together. Below are some screen shots for your reference.

1. SecureAPlus and Comodo Antivirus in Windows 7

a) 32-bit

Windows-7-32-bits_ComodoAntivirus.jpg

b) 64-bit

Windows-7-x64-Comodo_Antivirus.jpg

2. SecureAPlus and Comodo Firewall in Windows 7

a) 32-bit

Windows-7-32-bits-Comodo_Firewall.jpg

b) 64-bit

Windows-7-x64-Comodo_Firewall.jpg

3. SecureAPlus and Comodo Internet Security Premium in Windows 7 64-bit. As each post only allows 5 attachments, so for this I will only show the screenshot for 64-bit.

Windows-7-x64-Comodo_InternetSecurity.jpg

Hope you get your netbook fixed :) If you still encounter anymore problem, please feel free to let me know ;)

7. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

I have used them together fine also in the past.

8. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Sorry, i got a little confused by ths opening post. Is this a free program, or just free for 1 year?

9. KelvinW4

Free for one year. Can add more if you refer to more users. Becomes lifetime if refer more than 6 users in one year.

10. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Re: SecureAPlus Freemium New Version - v2.0.17

Hi guys,

The new SecureAPlus version 2.0.17 is finally out ;)

In this new version, we have made two key enhancements:

1. Improves the initial whitelisting process with snapshot technology. This is to address those users' concerns over the slow initial whitelisting process and the lack of protection during the process. Now, SecureAPlus Application Whitelisting will start to protect and detect new threat right after the installation.

2. Simplifies SecureAPlus Referral Program so that you can start inviting your friends upon your successful installation of SecureAPlus Freemium on your computer. Your user license will also get extended as soon as your referrals have installed SecureAPlus on their computer.

You can download SecureAPlus Freemium at http://goo.gl/eyk8yH or view the latest release note on the changes at http://goo.gl/aUW402.

For those who have already installed SecureAPlus on your computer, your existing version will be automatically updated as the default setting is "Automatic update".

If you have changed the default setting, you can update your existing version by doing the following:

1. Launch SecureAPlus application.
    2. Click on "SecureAPlus Settings" button at SecureAPlus Main Console.
    3. Click on "Check Update" button. Then follow the step-by-step instruction to install the new version.

If you have any query, please feel free to post it here or at SecureAPlus Forum (http://goo.gl/qTM0Gh) or email us at secureaplus@secureage.com.

For those who are having the sandboxie problem, we are sorry to let you know that this problem will only be fixed in our subsequent version. So do watch out for it ;)

Cheers :D

11. KelvinW4

Great release thanks!

12. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin, thank you for your support and all the valuable feedback that you have given us so far :thumb: Do keep them coming :)

13. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Siketa, thank you so much for your wonderful suggestion to use snapshot for the whitelisting during the beta program :thumb: Please feel free to give us more feedback on how to further improve SecureAPlus performance :)

14. siketa

siketa Registered Member

NP...the idea was not original nor copyrighted....;)
    :thumb:

15. Antimalware18

Antimalware18 Registered Member

Does this software require a internet connection for any of its activities?

EDIT: any activities.besides updating? Like the whitelisting process?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  16. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Antimalware18, internet connection is required for the referral program, virus definition update and software update. You don't need internet connection for whitelisting process. Hope this answers your query :)

17. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Is there a "lockdown" mode available in the settings? (Automatically block unknown application instead of asking to trust or not to trust the software)
    EDIT: There is, is saw it in one of the screenshot. I'm thinking of trying this later. :D

18. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Wow this new version rules. I test it in Vm in win 7 64bit and the heuritic or whitelisting and blocking is powerful now. Just like a hip it pops up any malware exe or malware files I tried to run. Al-thought the clamav is still not that good in detection (it detected just one of my samples, an older tdss rootkit) out of all of them, the hip / behaviour like and the white-listing is working great now.

Only if you guys could incorporate another AV instead of CLAM AV, like bitdefender, kaspersky and a browser or download protection like trafficlight,mcafee site defender, etc.; would make this program a great and above all one of the best out there.

19. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

I agree with you. It is very good as an Anti EXE/HIPS...
    I am doubtful on the capabilities of ClamAV. It is very good suggestion to use another AV engine.

Sinlam, is this request feasible/doable to you?

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

very good point. If they could hook up BD for a AV, this product would be unstoppable. Or a smart AV vendor like Eset, should get it for a much better HIPS component. All in all, this product is very good and simple to use.:thumb:

Gee, just what 99 percent of consumers want.

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I am using it with Windows Defender and it works very well.

22. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

FYI - I just installed this on my PC and it will no longer boot, not even into safe mode. It hangs after login screen upon boot. I only installed the whitelisting portion. As soon as the product finished installing, it appears explorer.exe hung, I could still move the mouse, then the entire system froze around 15 seconds later.

I did a hard restart several times and attempted to boot into safe mode to no avail.

Here are the software specs so you'll have the info you need:

Windows 7 x64
    ESET SS 6
    WinPatrol Plus

I was able to get windows running again by booting into a linux live cd and deleting the SecureA folder. I then booted into windows normally and finished cleaning everything else up that remained.

I posted this here for the info, but would really like to try this software if you fix this issue, thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I disabled HIPS as well as Winpatrol real time protection and rebooted before installing.

23. taleblou

Hi;

Its probably the winpatrol. You should not install HIPS or softwares like this with winpatrol. It has incompatibility.

How do I know its probably winpatrol you may ask?

In the past when ever I had winpatrol and tried installing some security apps and others such as crash, BSOD, hanging and others issue. That's why I have never sued winpatrol for the past several years.

If you can uninstall or shut-down winpatrol, then all probably will be back to normal.

I will try to test this on my VM. Installing winpatrol and then secureAplus to see if something like this happen? My vm op is win 7 64bit.

24. taleblou

Well I ran the test first with winpatrol and secureaplus without AV and no issues and no complains. winpatrol did ask if secureaplus was safe and I clicked yes. I restarted and all was well and no slowdown. This is winpatrol free not the plus.

Next I did a fresh vm snapshot and installed eset ss6 trial and winpatrol and secureaplus and no issues. Even after reboot all was well and normal.

So in my opinion its either the winpatrol PLUS nor free or some other problem incompatibilities in your system.

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi tableblou, thank you so much for liking SecureAPlus whitelisting component :) Actually the part on ClamAV was mentioned by several beta testers during the beta program. We have a reason to leave the av there as this path the way for the upcoming product roadmap that we are going to build around end of this year. We have already filed a patent in US. Sorry but at this point I can't reveal too much... Please watch out for a much better SecureAPlus version in a couple of months' time ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.