secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by brucebra, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucebra

brucebra Registered Member

hi i'm a beginner in TI acronis:rolleyes: what i'm trying to do is a (system-)partition clone to a hidden partition, as i did always in the past with norton ghost. the "secure zone" seems to me to be the equivalent operation in TI !??
    but here, TI tries to resize the source and the target partition, which i dont want, because its not necessary and is a waste of time. how can i restrict TI form doing so ?
    thanks for helping me

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

In Acronis terminology a clone is a reproduction of the whole of a hard drive to another one. Its prime objective is to be used when upgrading Hard drives.

If I understand you correctly an image of your system partition would do what you want. If you intend this backup to be on a single main drive and you do not have another one a secure zone could be appropriate. But of course in the event of a hard drive failure the backup would be lost.

Depending on the size of your secure zone you could leave the one image there untouched till it is needed or you could overwrite it with an updated image from time to time or with sufficient space have more than one generation.

I do not follow the comments about resizing source and target partitions. I have never come across this when making backup images.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.