Secure zone questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by feddup, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I recently purchased TI 8.0/786 and hoped to utilize it's secure zone feature. My first attempt at secure zone creation resulted in "TI was unable to create the secure zone" no hints as to why. This attempt was on a 160 gig Seagate sata drive set up as IDE on a promise controller. My motherboard is an Asus P4C800-e deluxe. Then TI allowed me to create a secure zone on the raid 0 array which is made up of two 74 gig Raptors on an ICH5R controller. I purposely made the seagates IDE for a more secure place to store images. I know there are many variables at work here including my own lack of experience. The secure zone on the Raid 0 array where my OS is at doesn't seem at all secure. I know from posts some with Raid and sata have issues with TI but others seem to have flawless performance. Any advice would be appreciatted.
    Feddup

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello feddup,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Have you experience any other difficulties with Acronis True Image and your Seagate IDE drive? For example are you able to make an image of the disk or one of its partitions? Please describe what partitions you have on this IDE drive and where you intended to create Acronis Secure Zone.

Also please describe what problem you have with Acronis Secure Zone on your RAID.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I successfully created a "full" boot CD and successfully created a secure zone on two 74 gig Raptors with the OS. This is what I wanted to avoid. The two seagate barracudas formerly held my operating system on the promise controller. My MB is the P4C800-e Deluxe by the way. I fully formatted both Seagates after I set them up as IDE and both are functioning well and are "healthy" according to the management console. I have four primary partitions on each. I've not tried imaging these partitions but will do so today. I purposely left about 80 gigs of room on the fourth partition of each just for images. I wanted to avoid the secure zone on the raid array because 1. if one drive fails no OS and no images all at once 2. With so much room to play with I'd like to leave the Raid 0 array (74 gig Raptors on ICH5R) for the OS and applications. The problem may well be my fault but the error message gave no clue just "TI was unable to create the secure zone". Thanks for your response and I hope to figure this out.
    Sincerely. Feddup

Last edited: Jan 16, 2005
  4. feddup

feddup Registered Member

limited success

I've been able to create images of the Raptor array to a reguler partition on the IDE (Seagate) drives. I've been able to image one of the seagates to the other. I've been able to explore them but still can't create a secure zone on the IDE drives. TI lets me create the SZ on the Raid 0 array (2 74 gig raptors on ICH5R) but that's exactly where I don't want it! Weirdly TI lists my IDE drives as scsi and my raid drives as IDE. I'm new to TI so it (we) are a work in progress. I thought the SZ was an excellent feature. I'd like to use it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.