secure zone - hangs at backup location dialog

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bennhatt, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennhatt

bennhatt Registered Member

Hi

i just installed TI 11 Home. And after going into the bootup secure zone TI hangs when trying to open the target backup location dialog. i see the path dialog but no drives are going to show (forever). it just hangs. i don't know what the problem is here.
    i have 2 primary partitions and the secure zone partition. no external drives. only 2 internal cd drives.

2. kenorian

kenorian Registered Member

I'm having the same problem. I'm using an external drive, but I used it successfully for a month or so.

Tech support said to install build 8101

I uninstalled TI, and re-installed build 8101 and the SNAPI API update.

It is still not working. I can not select the drive that has the Acronis directory in it. When I go to "create backup locations", the program stops responding. If I try the Create Backup Wizard, the program stops responding.

The drive is fine, because I can mount the image that I previously restored.

Also, even though I uninstalled the old version and re-installed the new one, I still see all the old logs, so the uninstall didn't catch everything. Any ideas?

3. bennhatt

well i installed build #8105 and it works.

4. kenorian

Thanks, hopefully the website will be up as advertised on Sept 14th and I'll be able to download it.

Do you have a link for it, by any chance?

5. bennhatt

i got the german version. is that what you need or do you need english?
    maybe you can download the newest TRIAL version and just use your serial?

6. kenorian

Thanks for the German offer, but I think I'll wait until the Acronis website comes back up.....

Until it gets sorted, I'm booting from the recovery CD I made and doing a manual backup once each week (which works fine, BTW). I also back up my DOCS directory nightly with Maxtor software. So, this is more of annoyance than a critical need.

7. rpalmer68

rpalmer68 Registered Member

You wouldn't be running ProtectorSuiteQL by any chance?

I am an I get a similar problem creating Backup locations, just thought maybe it's related.

R

8. kenorian

Nope, I'm not.

The funny thing is, it was working - and I mean really working 'cause I restored an archive to a new hard disk. Worked for at least a week after that.

I didn't make any system changes, and it just stopped....

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kenorian,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please check if the wizard loads if you wait longer time (for example, half an hour). If it does, most likely the problem is caused by a conflict with Distributed Link Tracking Windows service. Please disable it and see if it solves the problem. It can be disabled at Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Component Services -> Services (Local).

Please see this thread for more information.

If it doesn't, please try removing Acronis True Image 11 Home using Acronis CleanUp Utility; then installing it again.

If the issue persists, could you please clarify, does the program stop responding at the very start of Create Backup Wizard, or some steps into it?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. kenorian

Marat, disabling the Distributed Link Tracking Service did nothing.

The program ceases to respond after the partitions are analyzed at the point where the "Source File Exclusion Screen" comes up.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kenorian,

We are sorry for delayed response.

If reinstalling the way described in my previous post doesn't help either, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with enabled logging;
    - Reproduce the issue and collect the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the following way:
    - Download and unpack the Device Tree application;
    - Run the application;
    - Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;
    - Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;
    - Make a screen shot.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.