Secure Zone cannot be deleted.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acummins, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acummins

acummins Registered Member

Hi Guys

My HDD is divided into two parts, C and D. My computer boots from D with XP installed on it. I created a SZ taking the space needed from C. After a while, I deleted the SZ and the space freed was allocated to the C partition (well, this is what was supposed to happen). However, when I decided to create another SZ, I saw that the space freed had not been allocated to the C. The total amount of the space on the C was 3,5 gb less than it was supposed to be. Also SZ remains in the “where to backup” section with the amount of 47 mb something (yes ‘mb’). In this case where did this 3,5 gb go then? To cut is short, after removal, SZ remains somewhere on the disk with less space and is useless. Is there any remedy for this?

Any help appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acummins,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Most likely, you have Acronis Startup Recovery Manager installed. It stores it's files in Acronis Secure Zone. The rest of the missing space is probably unallocated (you should be able to see it in Windows disk management window). Please deactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, delete Acronis Secure Zone using Acronis True Image interface (please see chapter "Acronis Secure Zone" of the respective User's Guide for detailed instructions), recreate Acronis Secure Zone using all available unallocated space (do not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager), and then remove Acronis Secure Zone using Acronis True Image interface while choosing to assign the freed space to the partition of choice.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. acummins

acummins Registered Member

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have not installed Startup Recovery Manager. While waiting for your answer, I found another way of deleting SZ via XP's installation CD. At the beginning of installation process where all the formatted partitions are shown it shows the SZ. Then all I had to do was to delete it. Then reboot and continue loading windows. However, there is still some amount of missing space which cannot be recovered and redistributed. Probably reformatting the HDD will resolve the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.