secure deletion, don't delete folders ?

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by gkweb, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

I have added to encrypted archive some stuff, and then when i wanted to secure delete folders, i have noticed that folders aren't deleted, and that few are even renamed with random characters.

Just do the following test, create :

C:\Temp\A
    C:\Temp\B

in each create folders :

tempa
    tempb

in each "teampa/tempb" copy a "toto.txt" file

then secure delete A and B folders.

For me, all txt files were deleted, tempa and tempb weren't, A folder name stayed A, but B was renammed to D.

that secure delete doesn't delete folders why not, but don't rename folders with strange name so :)

(my original deletion has renamed me a folder like "somestuff" into "abdecbabcder")

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I noticed something similar with a few folders here too. I will have to check into this and make sure it removes the folder! :) .

The reason the directory name changes is because CryptoSuite renames the directory/filenames a 100 times before removing them.

-Jason-

3. ipje

ipje Registered Member

I'm now having a same problem on my external harddisk, secure delete is doing his job but when I try to delete the folder with "delete" I get the message that the folder is used by another program, only in "safe mode" it's possible to remove the folder :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.