second copy of browser blocked-sometimes

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by wyrmrider, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyrmrider

wyrmrider Registered Member

Hi
    may NOT be a wormguard or pop up control??

a while after bootup I am unable to open a second mozilla window or to open ie
    (have not tried it the other way around)
    I also start getting out of memory errors- not enough memory to... shut down some program and try again
    Norton shows plenty of memory
    Windows monitor shows plenty of all three types of memory
    shutting down everything does not help
    reboot and start over

I've done norton av, bit defender, antivir all clean
    A2 and trojan hunter and the on-line trojan scan
    spybot, ad-aware (+vx2)
    cwshredder
    all clean

what should I monitor speciffically in worm guard?
    I know I have a google search on error hijack to pay per hit scammers
    apps5.oingo.com or dom

any ideas reguarding your fine product?
    I an going to switch to your trojan product
    and install the rest of the apps

thanks
    wyrmrider

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Do you mean when trying to open a second instance of the same browser, i mean window1 = IE and trying to open window2 = IE too and the same with Mozilla or having window1 = IE and trying to open window2 = Mozilla?
    I had that problem occasionally with netscape together with IE , not always, sometimes.
    Not sure what causes it, in my opinion that has nothing to do with WormGuard as i had it many hyears ago already before any WormGuard was even created and still the problem comes occasionally.
    Not especially a memory space problem, not sure what causes it, and i am too few times in problems with that to have given myself time to investigate it.

If you know about your infection, does TDS3 find it, or any of the other programs? (SpyBotS&D for instance)?

If you look for yourself with HijackThis (see [thread]15913[/thread] how to get the tool and look with it --do you see anything which looks suspicious? (without fixing anything yourself, as most will be normal!)

Why do you thing this has to do with WormGuard? If you mean the not opening of a second browser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.