Search . . .

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dHodges, Mar 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dHodges

dHodges Guest

Greetings from LeonSprings,Texas USofA,

Have done searches for ARP without any results, "ARP poisoning" same thingy, "ARP cache poisoning" same thingy, ARP cache poisoning produced two pages of threads. Why not any of my other searches not producing any results? Several of the messages seen on just the first page had entries that should have shown some results even for the simple ARP yet the search gave No results found.

Thank you for reading my inquiry,

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The integrated vBulletin search is limited. For one thing, by default, 3 letter words are not indexed in it. Some short words are indexed because we added them as exceptions to be searchable. However, for each one like that we add, there is additional overhead. ARP is not a searchable word here.

See this thread regarding search limitations and other ways to search these forums:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=187356

3. dHodges

dHodges Guest

LM,

Thank you for this information, did not know of the low limit on words, there are probably other thingys I do not know, many, many of them.

Thank you for reading my roaster poster and your Reply,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.