Search Results Protected by First Amendment, Google-Funded Analysis Says

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Dermot7, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/05/google-first-amendment/

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The problem is that when you say the words First Amendment (that absolutely very few correctly recall doesn't have a thing to do with saying whatever you want, whenever you want on whatever you want.) in the same sentence that you claim you can censor things if you so choose..you look like an idiot. I get what they're doing, trying to dodge the litigation bullet storms. However, they of all people should know when Big Business wants something, it gets it, and the suits won't stop. Plus, there's now a mixed message about freedom of information and opinion and Googles' "right" to censor it.

3. phkhgh

phkhgh Registered Member

Google is a for profit business. Freedom of speech & sorting search results aren't even related. It might be "freedom of choice how to run their business."

I don't use Google, don't like them. But don't see how freedom of speech is remotely relevant here.

4. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

...and IxQuick/StartPage laughed :D

PD

5. Yura

Yura Registered Member

I was so ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ since last November or so. When Google stopped giving out search strings to analytic website services and then blatantly changed their privacy policy altogether.
    What happened to "Do no evil" motto? Big Money happened. :cautious:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.