Search for help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by elva, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elva

elva Registered Member

Hi,

I have a problem and hope someone can help me to solve it.

Sb. keep sending me virus for more than one year. Gradually, he began to use my friends' emails even my school's emails to send me virus emails. Seems he tracked my email box so that he can get the email address. Most of time I can figure out it is him as the email address is not always right. Today I got infected again as he used another email address to send me a weblink. I did not think much for this time it is a weblink instead of attachment. The virus is BACKDOOR.GRAYBIRD. I tried to use anti-virus to delete it. But I can not delete it. Besides, do not know what to do to stop him and not quite sure whether my computer is infected by other Trojan Horse virus. I am worried that this terrible person can access my computer.

Lots of thanks for your help!

elva

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

You should run your antivirus scanner in Safe Mode which should remove it, but after this you may have some file association problems. So BEFORE going to Safe Mode, download this file

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/cleanrun.reg

Go to Safe Mode, clean all viruses found, and then run the file above. Choose YES to allow the registry changes. Then reboot and please post your ASViewer log -

http://www.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=asviewer

Turn on the options to show all autostarts (press F2 F3 F4) then SAVE and email the text file to support@diamondcs.com.au , we will look for suspicious startups. You might want to attach the file to this thread as well for everyone else to see

Won't hurt to run the trial of TDS-3, please make sure you download the latest database file RADIUS.TD3 to the TDS folder, overwrite the old file, and then start/restart the program to use the new databases. Then click System Testing > Full System Scan and let us know what is found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.