Search doesn't seem to work

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by deerfern, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerfern

deerfern Registered Member

Is anyone else having trouble with the search function, or is it my computer?

I can't locate anything for my own user name when I do a search. But I have posted several things and I wanted to search as I am having the same problem I had before, and I think someone here told me how to fix it.

Rather than post again, I'm trying to find that original post.

Please advise if the board is having trouble, or maybe it's this dang trojan optimizer again.

Thanks Carol

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi deerfern :)

If u want to see your past posts just go into your profile and u will see at the bottom,

" show the last posts of this person"

Hope this helps.

snowbound

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, viewing the last posts of a member is much better than using search to find posts by a person.

Search on this forum requires a search word or phrase, and is not meant for you to fill in just a member name and find all posts be a person. The "by user:" field (member name line) is a limiting filter not a primary search attribute. It is in the context of: "Search for:" these words limited "by user:" whoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.