Seagate Expansion Drive

Discussion in 'hardware' started by beethoven, Jan 17, 2016.

1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Just bought a Seagate 2TB Expansion Desktop Drive and plugged it in - everything seems fine. The drive shows up in explorer with the correct size and the driver was recognised by my pc.
    I am wondering though why the drive contains some files called setup.exe and autorun.inf plus registration details. This came out of a proper box from a proper shop, so I have no reason to think there is anything funny going on here. I suppose these are program files and other details that may have some use in some circumstances but there is no explanation I can find. Based on the Seagate website this is just plug & play http://www.seagate.com/au/en/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/expansion-hard-drive/

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's the included backup software.

3. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

thanks Roger, strange that they don't provide some info on that on the box or their website. I don't think I will need it but would think this is a bonus you would show to the consumer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.