scripts and perty stuff

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Di guess you guys got cool scripts and  voice.

how about skins?
    that would be cool

also you guys ever seen adwares adwatch splash screen the blue or the green cool looking screen that would be hell of phat if tds could do that

scratch scratch head hmmm thats all i could think of

lol

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Blaze,

There are in fact some nice skins for the top of the TDS-console; and you can also make your own and send it in.
    At the moment I don't know whether I'm allowed to place a link where you can download some skins.

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

In your TDS directory there is a sub-directory called Bars.
    There you will find some nice skins for the top-bar of TDS.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

TDS > Bar Graphic

Bar Graphic
    Opens a dialog box to allow the user to choose a new TDS bar graphic.

5. Mr.Blaze

:Dhey  if i make a flash same hight and width would that work or gif

6. Mr.Blaze

:Dhmmm i meant a skin interface like media player  or sonic lycols music dowen loader typ thing.

or even a simple one where you just change the box of tds to metalic gold or metalic plantnium nothing major.

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

As for skins:
    There is only the possibility to change the top-bar.

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

In the private forum is among others a place where you can download my CokeMachine script, which has voice and wave and midi and msagents and images and a jukebox included, as well as a joke machine and a voice controlled desktop helper which enables you to open the forum, start TDS, even wherever you are in your system just call HELP and it opens the TDS helpfile for you, surf to your wanted sites and send email and a lot more; and once you see how it works for sure you can add more functions like updating the databases and starting your virus scanners (yes all still voice controlled)and your favorite images. The thing tells you the time and what more is included in voice commands.
    But yes, downloadable via the private forum and ehhh good you're registered by now, so you will be able to play it.
    Of course you can add a function to dial your local supermarket to fill your fridge with your favorite coke or squeezed oranges, so it must be able to find the function and have the thing start a Full System Scan, just to name some possible options to build in.
    Via the Windows taskmanager you could even start that part of the script with a loud Cuckericoo ! to wake you up at a set time and you might have created a link to your coffeemachine :)
    It is all possible, not build all yet, but we know in great lines how i guess......
    And don't forget with all that TDS is a security tool but on my system about a central manager to keep me happy and creative with the several functions from there.

I just made a little script for your name problem, you know to copy/paste it in the SS3 | SS3 editor, save as Blaze.SS3 , load the thing and type Yes in the bottom of the console.
    Code:
    Sub YES
      Call Addline("TDS' Blaze", "I am not my father but i am Mr Blaze!")
      Call Addline("TDS' Blaze", "Will the internet community know who i am?")
      Speak "Gu'day MrBlaze! Yes! enjoy yourself a lot!"
    End Sub

This is the original, not posted anywhere else before ! wow!
    Have fun with it and modify at wish.

9. controler

controler Guest

can we load and run scriptsin the trial version?
    Doesn't seem to work for me:(

10. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

You should be able to run small ones till about 5k
    The ones i created here in the forum and included in TDS are all smaller.

The email script i just sent you goes via Outlook Express, not via TDS. If you have the necessary agents and all MSAgent stuff installed the email version should just popup and start playing. (have to allow java, ActiveX and playing in internet zone)
    That's for the email version.

You should be able to load them, the examples, etc....
    Had not heard it was not possible.......
    Are you getting errors or does nothing happen at all?

11. controler

controler Guest

Hi Sweetheart

The zipped files you sent contain a wav, Gif and a SS3 file. Clicking on the ss3 files of course opens the TDS editor.
    Should I rename the SS3 file VBS?
    Then should I just drag it into Outlook Express?

12. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Yes sugar,
    There is a big difference between a version in
    **outlook express,
    **a possible vbs
    **or exe file
    **and an SS3 file.
    (not to mention a HTML web page, VB, JS, C++ and whatever MSAgents run under)

To run any of the versions, you need all MSAgents components installed on your system.
    Depending on what windows version you have, you have it all already with XP but for XP you might need to grab the SAPI 4 runtimes from the msagent web site, so they can speak, and that is the same also used in TDS.
    In other Windows versions --not quite sure if win2000 has the agents components (look if there is a directory in windows MSAgents and a Chars folder in that)-- win98 and NT and ME might have to install it so look for those folders if it's there.
    For TDS i use most of time Genie as an agent, to spare people the many downloads, as there are over 400 different agents available (the max you can have on your screen is 300 at a time, but that is not even fun nor workable)
    For the email involved i used the Sniffles character, which is very suitable for the act with it's animations and the fact that he plays them ad random so you have a different show each time with him. I have seen him nearly overrun by busses, airoplanes, elephants, camels, etc., they split the character as well so you can make a whole orchestra with him, and lots more.
    For the animation "suggest" i see him laughing all over the floor, and more of such unexpected things.

I sent you for instance an email with the script included in the email itself in kind of VBS.
    This email is a thing to open and it should run immediately, no changed needed, just look and listen the show.
    To run that one, you have to allow Outlook Express to run in the Internet Zone (in stead of restricted zone), so allow ActiveX and java for that occasion.

The other version i sent you zipped to play from TDS is a ready made script as well: if you would drag the ss3 to notepad you can look at it's content, to have an idea.
    For that one i suggested you create in your TDS directory >> Scripts a new folder CokeMachine as i use that path a lot for my creations and fun scripts, so your system does not get messed up too much with my files everywhere, and i can use again images, waves, midis, and maybe even script parts.
    So you unzip that file in that CokeMachine folder, and only put the wav file in your C:\ (i use that place as it will for almost all computers start from there the basic windows sound system -- you can change the path name in the SS3 script if you are able to get the Windows Media Player or another one to play the wave for you automatically, depending on your settings).
    Now go to TDS console, >> SS3 >> Load script, dig for the SS3 to play, in this case in the CokeMachine folder InnerPeace.SS3, doubleclick on it and it should start playing.
    It gives you a form with the DCS logo and the wave plays a welcome. After you press the button with your name on it, and the Genie pops up with his message.
    That's all there is, as the script is ready made.

In the original CokeMachine script at a certain moment at the press of a button i have Genie popup in an .exe extension. That is to make it possible to use the voice commands. In his menu is to be edited the right pathnames on your system, but further he has a lot of options to tell jokes, play music, jump to the forum, opening TDS, send email, open the Helpfile, etc. As that is an exe, it can run from anywhere on your system, no need to start TDS first, so you have a nice desktophelper with that. You might be able to program him a bit further (use MASH for that, is the easiest i guess) with timers and more options.
    You can call him to update the TDS databases for instance.

VBS can be called from an SS3 script or run stand alone, you can call or open alone a HTML page as well, etc.
    I ever made my first script (i think) in a HTML page, with Genie learning to sing the happy birthday song for the TDS family.
    I've seen real beautyfull works with VB in the news groups, JS in pages, etc. To have some ideas, and you have all components playing it's certainly worth a try on the msagents webring and the sunfire pages wich i posted somewhere in these threads.
    My own contributions outside TDS and the forums are but small but via TDS i learn some scripting at least and gave some developers confidence to be a beta tester for them too.:)

Hope ypu get your scripts playing now. You see now the difference. If you have all installed, still run into trouble in the TDS file, it might be too heavy for a trial TDS version. To be unlimited one needs the registered version.
    Could even write a onelliner script with the TDS voice speaking the whole speech part without agent :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.