Script Trappers Compability Issues?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by EricHuang, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

Hi, i've read that spyware and spyguard, should not cause any compability issues. However, i've got a script detector, similar to the one by norton antivirus, its at this website http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2319.html , is this likely to cause compability problems, as both are trapping scripts, or ActiveX controls ?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Eric,

Looking at the description of the program there is a remote possibility of it conflicting with SpywareGuard, but certainly not with SpywareBlaster.

Maybe someone will react that uses them both. If not, I will try it out.
    Although that would only give an indication since no two computers are the same.

Regards,

Pieter

3. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

Oh i see..
    Thanks, in that case i think i'll do with SpywareBlaster and either Scriptrap or SpywareGuard... hmm, i wonder which one would be recommended, if u were to choose one? :)

4. Goofy

Goofy Guest

Also keep in mind that there could be association-related problems when you have two active script-checking programs.

Probably, whichever one you installed last is going to take precedence when handling whatever kind of script you encounter - the other won't see anything because it'll never get a chance to see it.

Choose wisely.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I didn't have to. I use SpywareGuard and ScriptSentry:
    http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/programs.asp?Program=Script%20Sentry :D

Regards,

Pieter

6. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

wow thanks alot...
    After reading the website's explanation i realised that the script blocking function in Norton Antivirus might not be enough after all, since it can only work when the definition is updated the moment a virus is released.
    that information really helped alot, thanks ppl! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.