Script Trappers Compability Issues?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by EricHuang, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

Hi, i've read that spyware and spyguard, should not cause any compability issues. However, i've got a script detector, similar to the one by norton antivirus, its at this website http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2319.html , is this likely to cause compability problems, as both are trapping scripts, or ActiveX controls ?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Eric,

Looking at the description of the program there is a remote possibility of it conflicting with SpywareGuard, but certainly not with SpywareBlaster.

Maybe someone will react that uses them both. If not, I will try it out.
    Although that would only give an indication since no two computers are the same.

Regards,

Pieter

3. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

Oh i see..
    Thanks, in that case i think i'll do with SpywareBlaster and either Scriptrap or SpywareGuard... hmm, i wonder which one would be recommended, if u were to choose one? :)

4. Goofy

Goofy Guest

Also keep in mind that there could be association-related problems when you have two active script-checking programs.

Probably, whichever one you installed last is going to take precedence when handling whatever kind of script you encounter - the other won't see anything because it'll never get a chance to see it.

Choose wisely.

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

I didn't have to. I use SpywareGuard and ScriptSentry:
    http://www.jasons-toolbox.com/programs.asp?Program=Script%20Sentry :D

Regards,

Pieter

6. EricHuang

EricHuang Guest

wow thanks alot...
    After reading the website's explanation i realised that the script blocking function in Norton Antivirus might not be enough after all, since it can only work when the definition is updated the moment a virus is released.
    that information really helped alot, thanks ppl! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.