Screenshot Thread

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Beavenburt, Feb 7, 2009.

1. cet

cet Registered Member

Ok I did it.It shows core 0 and core 1 but I only have one visual number.

2. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Thanks for the link, cet. :). I found it. I've added it to my collection (plus a couple of others I found there).

3. linuxforall

linuxforall Registered Member

Thats correct, you have dual core CPU but your CPU count is one.

4. linuxforall

Have you added multiverse and medibuntu repos. Enable multiverse from your package manager and for medibuntu, copy paste this command in your terminal.

Code:
    sudo wget --output-document=/etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/$(lsb_release -cs).list && sudo apt-get --quiet update && sudo apt-get --yes --quiet --allow-unauthenticated install medibuntu-keyring && sudo apt-get --quiet update
    followed by

Code:
    sudo apt-get --yes install app-install-data-medibuntu apport-hooks-medibuntu

5. cet

cet Registered Member

Is there any danger of adding other repositories.I am afraid to crash the whole system.I do not know how to recover.Is adding the other repositories the same as installing unsigned drivers in Windows?

6. linuxforall

These are all Ubuntu repositories, even some ppas are from Ubuntu devs themselves so don't worry. Medibuntu and universe repos are part of ubuntu team and are checked by ubuntu devs.

7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

No problem, you could easily recognize it as a MiG-29. Nice to hear you visit air shows, checking our such maneuvers are a unique experience.
    Unfortunately I'm not an 'airmen' so I will not be flying those machines :( . I'm happy driving my UAZ-3151 though :cool:

@cet
    It's safe to add Medibuntu and the Universe Repositories.

8. linuxforall

UAZ is another legend, very close to the Austro German Pinzgauer, I drive a Gelande Wagen, always wanted to be a pilot like my late uncle but fate had other plans.

9. cet

cet Registered Member

I have used Ubuntu on my virtual machine and I know it uses Synaptics.But Kubuntu uses another Package manager .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  10. cet

cet Registered Member

Actually those repositories are enabled.But I still cannot find baobab.I found its home page:maybe there is another name for it in the repsositories.

Attached Files:

11. linuxforall

Kubuntu uses Kpackage manager, you can also use synaptic but you have to install it from the repos, have you added medibuntu repos yet?

12. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

My latest Debian XFCE.

Attached Files:

13. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Fun with Compiz.

compiz.jpg

14. linuxforall

Looks real nice Ocky, I have compiz turned off even though I have a nvidia card capable of running it, sometimes with certain codec movies, mplayer has tendency to turn off compiz and its annoying to turn it back again, I hardly ever have used any of the effects and therefore I like the snapiness of metacity.

15. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thanks for thumbs up, linuxforall. I am lucky in that I have had no probs. with various codecs/containers mplayer and compiz. Am holding thumbs that L.Lynx will not let either of us down. (12 days to go). :argh:

16. linuxforall

Its a minor glitch, I always compile my own x264, ffmpeg and mplayer and then use the excellent SMPlayer to watch HD movies via VDPAU.

Lucid looks really good, since its LTS, Canonical wouldn't take chances, that would be reserved for Meerkat 10.10.

17. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

That impresses me - haven't done any of that complex compiling, excuse being time constraints, truth is I still play in the B team - just haven't got what it takes to be in the Premier League :D

18. linuxforall

Very easy in fact thanks to andrew46 and Fake Outdoorsman's explicit instructions, its just good old copy/paste really, nothing much to it.

19. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

This is a work in progress. I'm trialing AntiX-base at the moment and WOW it's very nice indeed. Anyhow, this is my AntiX Fluxbox desktop with lxpanel and conky.

Attached Files:

• ss.jpg
      ss.jpg
      File size:
      125.6 KB
      Views:
  20. cet

cet Registered Member

Proudly using the new Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Attached Files:

21. linuxforall

Wonderful Cet, looks like your update went smooth.

22. cet

cet Registered Member

I did a fresh install.Installing Ubuntu 10.04 was easier than installing Kubuntu 9.04. I had backed up my firefox and thunderbird profiles,so everything was easier this time.
    But I do not like the pdf viewer,because it does not remember the last zoom level.On Ubuntu 9.04 the same problem did not exist.Which PDF reader do you recommend on Ubuntu 10.04? (I read the newspaper online and it is in the PDF form,so I do a lot PDF reading)

23. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Okular is great. It's KDE but great in Ubuntu. Should be in the repositories.
    BTW Congratulations on your 10.04 install !

24. cet

cet Registered Member

Ocky,on your screenshot post no:188 I see applets on the desktop which show the CPU temp memory usage etc.What is the name of the program that puts those applets on the desktop.Thanks in advance.

25. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Take a look at the screenlets section http://gnome-look.org/index.php?xsortmode=high&page=0&xcontentmode=6700
    The one I have is InfoPanel but to tell you the truth I don't really need it. There are other ways. It does look nice though. Install screenlets from repo. first.
    Have you tried Okular pdf reader ? Highly recommended by several in the Unix forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.