Scientists' new time masker creates invisibility

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Searching_ _ _, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

Scientists' new time masker creates invisibility - San Francisco Chronicle

Now I know how my computer got infected, they had physical access and I can't prove it! :p

2. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

"They hid an event for 40 trillionths of a second, according to a study appearing in Thursday's edition of the journal Nature....They tinkered with the speed of beams of light in a way that would make it appear to surveillance cameras or laser security beams that an event, such as an art heist, isn't happening."

A 40 trillionth of a second heist? You can practice all year long, it's not gonna work. Perhaps a malware popup that fast, might go unnoticed though. ;)
    Wicked fundamental research though. And fast...

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Lol, this sort of stuff is a normal day at the office for Darpa. Of course you won't have to worry about this too much as it'll likely be hundreds of years before even very simple things could be hidden for any useable length of time.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Well, I saw a few types of invisibility and that one is the worst. This one looks better, eventhough it is just a projection:

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD83dqSfC0Y&list=FLiE7Nv_-xzndZCHvR0YXiTA&index=6&feature=plpp_video

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.