Scheduler Service

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by AcrUser, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcrUser

AcrUser Guest

Hi

I'm using Acronis's Disk Expert on my system, and listing the running processes loading at StartUp with RegCleaner, I just spotted the Acronis Scheduler Service loaded from HKEY_LM\Run.

What's its use, and can I safely disabling this service's loading at startup without experiencing any malfunction? Can I then still use the Acronis's products or is it an essential part of the tools?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AcrUser,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

Please note that the service you mentioned is one of the main Acronis software services and we cannot guarantee that Acronis software will work properly if you stop this service.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. zebis

zebis Registered Member

With privacy expert suite 7 , I myself have disabled the scheduler service which did not give me any problems as i did all my cleaning manually.
    it's up to you to give it a try and see if it works.

Go into your control panel, open administrative tools, double click services icon,
    look for sheduler in the list, might also say acronis scheduler, stop the service, right click on it and choose properties, on the Startup type drop down box, set it to manuel or disabled if you like. click O.K. and exit.

Or you can try clicking START, RUN, and type in MSCONFIG and hit enter,
    click on the startup tab, Unckeck the scheduler service and click APPLY, then ok. reboot.

I repeat, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

I myself did not have a problem but you may, If it does not work for you then go back and put it to the way it was using the above mentioned.

zebis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.