Scheduled tasks issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thomasjk, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I have setup a scheduled task to run on my Laptop and create a new full backup archive on shutdown. The archive is to be created on a mapped network drive. Every time I shutdown the task fails to run. If I create the task as a scheduled task, to the same mapped drive, for a specific run time (9:00PM) it works every time. The mapped drive does not require a login and I have set the parameters of the task to reflect this fact. The user name is correct and I don't use any password.This same task also fails if I try to run it at Logoff. I searched the forum but I didn't see anything to address this issue. I running V9.0 B3677. My desktop also runs a task at shutdown which works every time.

2. thomasjk

Anybody have any thoughts on this issue. I submitted it to Acronis via the website but have not yet received a response.

3. Volatile

Volatile Registered Member

try setting a password for the account and use that for authentication within acronis. For some reason I have a feeling that "blank passwords" is something that could be disliked...

this is just a thought.

4. thomasjk

Bump. Come on Acronis you need to respond in the forums. You're support is woefully inadequate. I submitted this issue on 11/21. The ticket is #827141.
    I'm still waiting for a response Acronis.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  5. thomasjk

Bump. Come on Acronis you need to respond in the forums. You're support is woefully inadequate. I submitted this issue on 11/21. The ticket is #827141.
    I'm still waiting for a response Acronis.

6. thomasjk

Acronis I still have not received any response from my problem submission on 11/21. Do you support you products or not!

7. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi thomas

did you get an automated response with a ticket number. You should have received this almost immediately. If you haven't check you spam trap.

F.

8. thomasjk

Yes, I got the automated response with a ticket number #827141 on 11/21 and have heard nothing from Acronis. I posted the ticket number earlier in this thread but to no avail. Its nice they are going to add another build to V9.0 but they need to respond to the forums on a timely basis.

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi thomas,

sorry - I missed that.

Have you tried sending an email to support@acronis.com quoting your ticket number in the subject line.

If you really want to expedite things you should have a look at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 and collect the three files of configuration which Acronis will ask for when they do get around to answering, and send these with your email.

F.

10. thomasjk

Well, I sent them a PM about an hour ago and they have responded by email just now. We'll see what happens from here.

11. thomasjk

After Acronis by responded email, I recreated the scheduled task to run at Shutdown and lo and behold it actually worked. I have no idea why it did it just did. I'll continue to try and make it fail and when it does I'll send the report to support.

12. thomasjk

Well, I was able to make it fail very quickly this morning. I had hibernated my laptop last night and restarted it this morning. I was headed out to the hospital for some tests so I shutdown the machine. The scheduled task did not run. I have sent support the information they requested.

13. thomasjk

RESOLVED Re: Scheduled tasks issues

So far I have not heard back from Acronis support. I sent them the files requested in 11/28.

Anyway, I have solved the problem. After searching the forums and comparing my desktop machine with the laptop, I came to the conclusion the schedhlp.exe service was not running on the laptop. I started it manually and the scheduled task run at shutdown as expected. I then did a repair install of TI and the schedhlp.exe now loads at startup as it should. I'm not sure why it wasn't starting before, maybe because I installed the latest build, 3677 over the previous without uninstalling it? Who knows. I'll continue to monitor the situation but I believe its resolved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.