Scheduled Task under Standard User account

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tyrizian, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I am running as a Standard User, using Windows 8.1 Professional (64-bit)

I created a scheduled task under my Administrator account and configured it to run as a SYSTEM user, to avoid CMD prompts.

My question is, even though I scheduled this under my Administrator account, will the same task run while in Standard User account as well as all accounts?

Basically, this is what I did...

http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-definitions-update.29345/

The reason I am unsure, because that task I created isn't listed when I am logged into my Standard User account.

I always ran under an Admin account, So, I am new to being under a SUA, which is why I have this question.

Thanks to anyone who helps :)

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Unless you did something wrong, it should run fine but with different privileges. Therefore the standard user may not be able to terminate the process without UAC.

Also, your password might be store (not sure about encryption) in order to execute the process under your account.

3. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thanks J_L for your response, I'll see what it does.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.