Scheduled scan times all messed up

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Page42, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Scheduled scans are happening at random times, and not happening at scheduled times.

I have Prevx scheduler set to scan each of my two computers at 4:00 a.m.

The scans appear to be happening, but definitely not at the time they are supposed to be happening.

A scan started last night somewhere around 10-11 p.m. while I was using my pc.
    The Prevx console says last scan was about 4 hours ago, which would not be 4 a.m.
    Checking myPrevx, I see CSI Scheduled scans at times not even close to the 4:00 a.m. set time.
    And at this moment, myPrevx is saying the last scan was Feb 3 16:39... which is in the future about 7 hours.
    myPrevx also says my other computer's last scan (CSI Scheduled) was Feb 3 12:45... also a time in the future.
    Clearly there is a clock setting that is not right, and some other stuff isn't right because more than one scan is happening.
    Hope to get some help with this.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I suspect the futuristic scanning is because of GMT times (although if we have developed future viewing capabilities, I may have to take advantage of them :ninja: )

Regarding your missed scans - is it possible that your PC was off or on standby/hibernate at 4am? Prevx scans within one hour of the configured time so there will be some variation but it shouldn't scan that late. It's also possible that a heuristic detection was made that required a rescan (the Prevx database can trigger the agent to scan), but if you are consistently seeing the scan take place at 10/11pm, I'd suspect there is an issue in the local configuration and it may be worth reinstalling.

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

System standby=never
    Hibernate=not enabled

It would be nice if myPrevx coordinated the times displayed with the user's local time... otherwise, it is quite meaningless, don't you agree?

If reinstall is the only option you can think of, I believe I'll put up with it.

4. PrevxHelp

Yes, I do agree. We're in the process of redoing MyPrevx completely and I'll ensure that we synchronize the user's local time.

It may be worth monitoring it a bit closely first to see if it does end up scanning at the correct time. I'd be interested to see what it does tomorrow (or tonight :)).

5. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Redoing MyPrevx is a good idea.
    I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but it is far from intuitive, and I always end up finding things in there I had no idea were there even though I had spent considerable time searching for them. Maybe that's not MyPrevx's fault though. :cautious:

Sure, I'll monitor it some more.
    I'd just like to be able to see at a glance when Prevx scanned (not just last scan because that could be a single file I scanned a minute ago), and to be honest, logging into MyPrevx is a bit of a chore.
    A logs tab in the console would be very nice.

6. PrevxHelp

You aren't the only one :D

:thumb:

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Same thing... Prevx scans at 10:45 pm, then again 'around' 5 a.m. (even though I have it set to scan at 4 am).

I have now checked the Scheduler option that says, "Start the scan at exactly the scheduled time", to see if that makes a dif.

I'd like Prevx to scan at the scheduled time, and only at the scheduled time, if that is possible.

Not a huge problem by any stretch... just reporting back what is going on here.

8. PrevxHelp

That is very odd. Do you happen to have any other system jobs taking place at between 10-11pm, and, have you doing anything in particular (like installing new software) around then?

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

As noted yesterday, a logs tab in the console would be very nice.
    Here is a screenie of MBAM console.
    I run it on-demand, with one daily auto update (@ 3:00am) and one daily scan (@3:15am).
    See how simple it is for me to open the Logs tab and view those two daily functions?
    One log alone reports,
    03:00:20 (null) MESSAGE Scheduled update executed successfully
    03:15:00 (null) MESSAGE Scheduled scan executed successfully
    That (or something similar) is what I'd like to see in Prevx!
    mbam log view.jpg

10. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

No, Joe. Nothing else scheduled then. Just walked in my office and saw it scanning last night. I had been away for a few minutes, and nothing else was happening.

The night before, I was at the computer when it started the 10-11pm scan.

11. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Funny, just as I read this thread at GMT 6:45 AM P3 started scanning allthough I set it to scan 09:00 AM. Only apps on are Antivir, IE8, Outlook and I was just browsing. So I am as confused now as I was in another post about this, but on the positive side is that its better it scans one time too many than one time too seldom. Will check if my scheduled scan runs. Also good is it scans fast. //

Edit: Wilders is running on GMT+2 - anybody know why?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  12. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Yeah, I'm sitting here waiting for mine to start scanning... but it won't.
    Maybe it knows I'm watching.
    I'll pretend to look the other way.

13. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I just rebooted and Prevx scanned.
    I don't see a setting that indicates this happens,
    and I don't recall it scanning like this on bootup before. o_O
    prevx unsched scan.jpg

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think I've only seen this scan window on the scan after installation and right-click scan.

15. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Mine scanned again 09:19AM. I dont understand why it doesnt scan when its set to do so. I have set it to show scan popup and it does. //

16. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Ok, I forgot there is a setting to show the scan pop-up.

17. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Me too. I checked and see that mine is unchecked, which means window is shown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.