Scheduled Scan of Network Drives - Working ?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fryr, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fryr

fryr Registered Member

Is anyone else having problems with a scheduled scan of network drives ?

I have set up a profile to scan local and network drives - when I run this manually it scans them OK but when this is same profiles is set for a scheduled scan only the local drives are checked.

Windows XP Professional SP1
    NOD v2 with latest updates

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Hmm.. This is just a guess, but... The tasks are very likely not run as the current user, rather as system or something, and that doesn't have the drives mapped.

If that's the case, I think the "easiest" way to do scheduled scanning is using the standard task scheduler in windows, and execute NOD32.exe with the appropriate parameters instead. Then you can specify the username/password... Not sure if the network connections are still available though ;P

Best regards,
    Anders - tired and guessing

3. fryr

fryr Registered Member

Wrote a batch file containing :-

c:
    cd \
    cd progra~1
    cd eset
    nod32 C: F: V: /scroll+ /quit+ /arch+ /pack+ /all /heurdeep

Scheduled it to run through Scheduled tasks and gave it my username and password - worked OK

Would like it built into NOD32 but working around the problem at the moment.

4. fryr

fryr Registered Member

This workaround worked fine for drive scanning but what workaround can I use to scan my email folders as they too are located on one of the network drives.

Is starting the NOD32 service as me instead of system an option ? Is there another command line switch to scan email folders ?

Thanks
    Richard

5. anders

The parameter "/mailbox+" will enable the "[ ] Email files" in the Setup tab.

Best regards,
    Anders

6. fryr

fryr Registered Member

Thanks for that - will the mailbox switch find my email DBX/PST files and scan them or do I need to specify more on the command line.

Incidently running the NOD Service as my user did not work.

Is there a way of loading an existing profile and then simulating pressing the SCAN or the CLEAN button

i.e.
    NOD32 /config=myprofile /scan
    NOD32 /config=myprofile /clean

If I run NOD32 /config=myprofile it simple loads NOD32 with the profile.

7. anders

"/clean" will work.. and, you will probably combine that with "/prompt" or "/rename" (action to take if cleaning fails), and "/quit+"

Start NOD32 with the parameter "/?", or check "Misc dialogs -> Command line parameters" in the help file for description of most of the parameters.

Best regards,
    Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.