Scheduled Scan Failed

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Banger696, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

Hi

I'm Trialing NOD32 before I purchase and I have setup NOD32 as per BS settings in the sticky. Been working fine for a couple of weeks, I have it scheduled to do an in-depth scan once a week overnight.

Today I came to my machine to see the log STILL said cleaning - and all the counters were zero.

I tried to delete the log but it said it was open and couldnt delete. Looked at the details and it just had the memory scan ok and start time, no files listed as locked.

I rebooted and managed to delete the log file, although nod32.exe wasnt in task manager the file appeared to be still locked for writing and I couldnt run a scan manually.

Anyway to trace what went wrong ? I have email notification setup and no errors were reported, it appears nod32.exe crashed out at some stage without an error.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Banger696, welcome to Wilders.

That's a really tough one, my only suggestion would be to monitor the situation to see if it returns.

Cheers :D

3. Banger696

Banger696 Registered Member

I ran the scan manually from the scheduler and it seemed to complete ok its a bit of a mystery. It usually takes 1 hour 40 to complete the scan but it took an extra hour to scan my five drives 2 hours 40. Only thing thats changed is I updated VMWare workstation on the host where Nod32 is installed. Any known conflicts with VMWare 5.5 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.