Scheduled Scan as Administrator

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Starry 173, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starry 173

Starry 173 Registered Member

I notice that if I do a manual scan and click the Scan as Administrator button, many more files get successfully scanned and there are fewer errors listed in the log. Without doing this, I especially notice that my .eml files are not getting scanned. I have a nightly scan scheduled, but I have no option to scan as administrator. Why is that not an option? My user is an administrator, but I know how that is on Windows 7. Only the inactive Administrator user is a real Administrator...and I appreciate that additional layer of protection that was missing in XP. But I would like to scan all of my files...as many as possible. Many of the errors listed in the log under my user listed password errors on files, whereas the Administrative Scan doesn't appear to have trouble with that. Am I worrying needlessly? Thanks for responding.:)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Basically the System account should have access to all files. If it's not so, just grant it access to files/folders that were not scanned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.