scheduled Images sometimes not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Anakonda, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakonda

Anakonda Guest

I have 30 Servers with True Image Server 7 Build 627. All machines have scheduled backup sessions sending it to a central harddisk. 28 of the servers are working all right. 2 of them are ignoring my scheduled tasks. There is no error message. The task is not starting at the scheduled time. Manual starting is ok and runs fine. The machines are all Windows 2000 Server. One machine has Windows 2003 SBS. The hardware is DELL and HP/Compaq. One of the non-start-task-machines is a fault tolerant of another machine, same hardware, same software, same services, same domain, other IP, other name. Is it possible, that a needed service is not started or sometihing like this ?

2. Cailloux

Cailloux Guest

I have the same problem with a windows 2003 server

3. Mr.Greg

Mr.Greg Registered Member

Hello,

here it's the same problem with Server 2003 SBS: the scheduled tasks don't start, manually it works... :-(((

Greg

4. kevincann

kevincann Guest

I had a case open on the scheduler not working for over 2 months.
    They finally just gave up on me. I now create *.tis files and schedule
    them with the windows scheduler - that works perfectly.

5. Old_OldMan

Old_OldMan Guest

I am having the same problem with SBS 2003 and it seems they may not want to acknowledge this problem.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. yellowhat

yellowhat Guest

We got the same problem (True Image Server :cool:, and I just wanted to point out, that schedules >are< started when TIS application is running, but not when the server is logged out.

8. R Peters

R Peters Guest

Running Build 774 with same problem. If I do not leave the account that created the jobs for the servers logged in, then the tasks do not run until I login on each machine and then the tasks start up. Since I have a minimum of two backups for each server ( start times varied) that save both to a local secure zone and to a common shared folder that is backed up to tape for offsite storage; the sudden execution of two jobs at the same time on each of three servers causes a mess. Only solution at present is to access from at home each night at 11:30PM via RDP and make sure that the jobs run. This usually completes at 1:00AM since logging off stops the task dead. Seems like a poor scheduler service.

9. R Peters

R Peters Guest

A further note: Got two of the three servers to run their jobs by having the last person leaving the office make sure that the console is logged on as the user that owns the scripts for the backup jobs. The third server is an Terminal Services 2000 server running in application mode. The jobs just don not execute when scheduled. Note that the server has the jobs sitting in the scripts folder for the domain account that created the jobs. Is it possible that being a terminal services application server that something else needs to be scripted. If I log in via RDP I can manually execute the scripts without problems but I really hate having to stay up until 1AM to do this for the customer then get up at 6AM to go to another customers site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.