Scheduled Backup to a Network Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by arstearns, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arstearns

arstearns Registered Member

Two Windows XP PRO SP2 PCs on a workgroup. The PC 1 has Acronis True Image 9 Build 2302 on it. I want to backup to a hard drive on PC 2. Guest accounts exist and are turned on on both PCs. Simple File sharing is turned on on both PCs. Both Guest PCs have a blank password.

I can read, create and delete files from PC 1 on the share on PC 2 (so the proper rights are there).

In setting up the scheduled task (full backup of PC 1), I have tried various combinations of login automatically, login as guest with no password in the first password window in scheduler. I always get the following message:

User name or password for the remote resource \\pc_name\share_name\backup_filename.tib is incorrect. Please check user name and password and type it again.

Please advise,

Al Stearns
    Brevard, NC

2. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

If you have all the user permissions etc setup correctly, you could try and map the shared folder to have driver letter for the folder.

This will allow you to setup Acronis to write to this drive letter.

As long as you have write persmission etc setup correctly this will work. But most often any failures with shared folders is down to permission problems.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello arstearns,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists with the latest build (2323) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please check whether the sharing permissions for the destination folder are set to Full Control.

Please also try to enter your user name in the form of [computer name]\[user name] (take a look at the screen shot attached to this previous post of mine).

If that does not help then please collect the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both machines: PC with Acronis True Image 9.0 installed and PC where the network share is located;

- Make a screen shots of your consequent steps taken during the image creation process along with the screen shot of the error message you receive;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears;

- Are you able to create an image saving it to that network share without scheduling a task, but simply using Backup wizard?

Submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.