Schedule will not change MRU Blaster

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by Robyn, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I have had this problem for a while and have never found the answer but I have to open MRU Blaster and scan it does not seem to be cleaning as set. I think this only started to happen after I installed SP2 (a few months ago now)
    I have just looked again today and when I highlight - scan every xx mins/secs/hours I cannot change the figure in there o_O

I am not sure if I should uninstall and re-install or why it has stopped working. If I had to uninstall do I remove all settings from the registry in the scan list and then remove? I don't want to make matters worse by doing anything like this but I don't think it is working correctly for me. Does it need to be in my taskbar in order for it to be cleaning up even if I can't change the defualt settings for this? Otherwise if it is not in my taskbar I have to open/scan and clean which I have just done and it does clean then. o_O

Thanks for any advice

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Robyn,

Before answering the other questions in case they are not necessary....are you stopping the timer via the program before attempting to change the setting ?

If down at the bottom\middle....when viewing the Scheduler screen....it says Timer Enabled....select Stop Timer....Timer Enabled should change to Scheduling Disabled....and you should then be able to change time interval ?

Regards,
    Bubba

Attached Files:

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Bubba a big thank you :) I feel so stupid as I have let this annoy me for so long and it was something I hadn't done before trying to reset the changes :oops: I have just done as advised and was able to change the setting - I feel so stupid but I will not forget this now :oops:

Many, many thanks you have saved me a lot of uninstalling and install going round in circles :) Thank You!

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You're very Welcome....and glad it works for ya ;)

For future reference in case there ever is a need to un-install MRUblaster. Unless you have to know which settings you had checked\un-checked....there is no need to be concerned about the settings in the registry. They'll all be re-checked on re-install and you can then un-check what you don't want scanned for.

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks again Bubba, hopefully I will not be uninstalling now that I know it is not idle ;) will keep note for reference, thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.